Struggling to Believe

Sounds interesting, will put it on the list to read. By the way, the whole left brain- right brain construct while conceptually perhaps exists, it is not really a physical left brain and right brain separation of function from what I understand.

Science Mike had to cancel at the Biologos conference, and I was looking forward to hearing him speak. Will put his book on the short list.

I’m a Mormon (Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). I’ve loved Evolution and Mormonism, by Trent Stephens; Faith of a Scientist by Henry Eyring (father of current church leader Henry B. Eyring), and The Language of God by Dr. Francis Collins.

In my faith we have other books of scripture in addition to the Bible that have brought perspective about evolution theory. Here is a verse from The Book of Mormon:

14 And now, my sons, I speak unto you these things for your profit and learning; for there is a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are, both things to act and things to be acted upon. (2 Nephi 2:11)

“Things to act and things to be acted upon” … sounds like natural selection to me!