Spin-off Trinity discussion from mind, soul, spirit thread

If it says,

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Then it says ,” 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth” it seems to indicate the word ( the story of truth ) separated from him and came to the earth.

In genesis 1 we read of God speaking things into existence. That’s the reference , “ all things created through the word”, is hyperlinking back too.

We can see Jesus cut off from God in many ways such as when he did not know the end of time and said only the father did and when he said only the father was good.

The previous verses also mention that Jesus did not consider being equal to God a thing to be grasped.

As for the temptation.

James 1:13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.

God can’t be tempted by evil. God can’t be tempted to sin. But Jesus, was tempted to sin.

Matthew 4:1 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Temptation is not a sin. What’s a sin is pursuing that temptation in your mind and by your actions.

Hebrews 4:15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

So scripture does show clear examples that God emptied himself into the form of a man. That Jesus was just a man. He could only do what the father powered him to do. He had no power in himself. He passed the test. He was tempted and did not sin. The word that became flesh definitely separated form God.

Superb, ancient, beautiful, pre-Enlightenment, timeless, inspired, ignorant, human yearning of its time. But not ontologically so.

You also said posteriorly to my “God is omnitemporal”,

What would you deduce the implication of that is?

What that you believe that every Planck tick of past and future eternal infinity is as real as now?

What do you think “God is omnitemporal” means?

The correct meaning. What about you?

Apparently you do not think he is.

I don’t think He’s what? He’s not omni anything. He certainly does not view dead and gone past and unhappened yet future eternity as an infinite table top over which He’s omnipresent. It would make Him the ultimate snapshot collector if He did. He is El Shaddai.

You got that part right.

This is worth chewing on (not up :slightly_smiling_face:):

The Omnitemporality of God

In what sense?

The correct sense.

Been there, spat it out I’m afraid.

You need more mature taste buds.

Not that we can get our heads around it, but God’s omnitemporality and the operations of his providence fit together (or give some people fits – or spits, as the case may be).

I’m too old for that. I found it wooden.

The literal one? No I don’t mean that.

You found it wouldn’ fit in your brain, speaking of fits, fitting and getting our heads around how God works in providence.

Rhode Island here we come!

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.