Spin-off discussion about the nature of God

Ooh, and if there is a God, He has a nature including a nature of ‘thinking’. Not that He has to think as we do. He has, is a nature of being. The - capital Tee - nature of being. It is remarkably humble in that it is in His nature to defer to the laws of nature, including the physical, which are prevenient. Not that He has any choice of course. He breaks them at the point of creation, of grounding being which wouldn’t happen otherwise IF He exists, and around Incarnation and otherwise ineffably by the Spirit. He is constant, He changeth not, therefore creation - His autonomous thought - does not. As below, so above.

He is the purist minimalist, the still small voice, the provincial carpenter’s son, the suffering servant. One of the translations of El Shaddai, God Almighty, is the enough, the sufficient. Humble.

1 Like

Of course he does, but that is not the way I was using the word, was it. I were talking about nature as being the cosmos, and God being super-natural. Recall:

Nature is as nature does.

Sigh. I unlisted this because clearly the two of you can still not manage to stop making one lined quips at each other and it does not need to grace our front page. But keep going as you were, if you desire.

If God exists then He can influence events.

Is that a change in your thinking, since he has been heretofore been declared impotent by you from intervening, or just a difference between influencing and intervening?

No change. He chooses impotence even when He intervenes. He certainly didn’t need to influence the culture He intervened in to ensure His appalling death. If anything He nudged Deutero-Isaiah, whoever that was, and played His part. The faithfulness of Christ eh?

And Maggie is not an illustrative case in point for his potent intervention in timing and placing.

Not in the slightest, no. Why do you ask about that meaningless event?

Right. Meaningless. Your denialism shines.

I deny denialism and you can’t demonstrate it. Her perfectly mundane story needs no influence.

You are very articulate in making my point. I need to say no more.

You have nothing to say about a non-event.

@Klax and @Dale… In the words of Obi Wan Kenobi “This is not the thread you’re looking for…”

I think you are looking to reply in this one…

:crazy_face: :yum:

2 Likes

It was not a single event, was it, and it (they) changed Maggie’s life.

Like the Christ event. All events change our lives, the clue is in the word.

A Father’s intervention in his child’s life’s particulars is not your generic ‘all events’ truism.

How could tell the difference? I could interpret my life in micromanagerial terms too. We all could. So?

I’m sorry you cannot tell the difference between micromanagement and loving intervention.

I’m sorry that you have to interpret humdrum reality in those bizarre terms.