Speculation on intervention by God

There is existential joy in reciprocated familial love and delight.

For the LORD delights in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.
Psalm 149:4

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

One thing, one of the primary things, we should be desiring is in the first petition of the Lord’s Prayer, “Hallowed be thy name!” – I want you to be renowned. (If I owned a Lamborghini, I would be jealous for its brand. :grin:)

It’s also about obedience.

Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome.
1 John 5:3

And there might be existential reward involved, too. I love the present continuous tense of the YLT:

He who is having my commands, and is keeping them, that one it is who is loving me, and he who is loving me shall be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
John 14:21

1 Like

Dale…Thanks…love of among all God’s children, close and extended and way extended family is I think one of God’s bottom lines. I frequently change the verses around in the Lord’s Prayer: thy kingdom come, thy will be done, hallowed be thy name.

I think that genetic mutations are more in line with indirect rather than special creation. I don’t think God created specific mutations for specific purposes. Rather those mutation occurred through a God given set of natural laws and processes. Again, who knows for sure but I don’t think God is bothered about our curiosity to know Him.

“Hallowed be thy name” was at the top of Jesus’ list, his first priority.

Yes that is number one. “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind”.

Any thoughts on the idea that God let His Big Bang play out until He created humans?

He wasn’t short of time?

1 Like

And the import of Psalm 8:4 is even greater, not only because of the vastness of the size of the universe, but also because of the vastness of its antiquity.

What is man, that you are mindful of him?[!]"

Note that in the first three petitions, God is subject, not the petitioner, and are irrespective of the individual (but they do reflect the petitioner’s heart’s desires).

The only intervention we’ve seen by God for a while now is through other people. As to what people wouldn’t have done for good without belief in Him is hard to quantify. Not so for ill.

Their timing and placing, including the sequence of their timing and placing, is not merely ‘through other people.’ It is through events and the meaning infused by their timing and placings, not just the people, that we see God’s providential intervention.

(The timing of the bank error, including its mailing and Maggie’s getting it, its placing, was part of God’s providence. And it has nothing to do with cold reading.)

Jesse Washington was lynched - a bit of an understatement - in God’s providence by the good Christian folk of Waco. The small sea urchin on my desk by God’s providence that I picked up by God’s providence on a Norfolk beach by God’s providence whilst staying by God’s providence in my sister-in-law’s caravan by God’s providence…

Those are red herrings with respect to the reality of God’s providence for his children, and falsely deprecating.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.