Should churches shut?

I did not say that! I said that the risk does not change 24/7, but for the hour or so that we are in church it would. God would protect us while worshipping Him.

Richard

If having faith in God has no practical value what use is it? If God is truly impotent and ineffectual then He does not deserve our attention let alone our worship or devotion. Praise God and pass the ammunition?
All hail the conquering Corona Virus!

Richard

I expected better from you.

This is not about buildings.

This is about applying all that Scripture you have been harking on about and rubbing people’s noses in. Do you believe it or not? It would appear not!.

Richard

But who decides what practical value God must provide, to whom and when? You or God? Who is in charge?

People, some of whom will almost certainly be infected, assembling in church is exactly like people assembling at a sporting event or at a pub. The larger and closer the gathering, the more likely the transmission.

No one is saying never hold Easter services again. They’re saying this year, because of the pandemic, focus on protecting each other by avoiding physical proximity. Most likely by fall there will probably be more protections available. But because this disease is so easily transmittable there will likely be more people who need special care to survive than there exist facilities to provide it. Only by keeping apart for the few months can we keep the number down enough long enough to keep from overwhelming our capacity to help those who will need it.

You are a danger to yourself and others.

3 Likes

It is going to be tragic if you continue to not understand the correlation between the coronavirus and gravity.

1 Like

He absolutely is. He also is not realizing that he is demanding something of God that God has not promised. That is not how it works and it will not end well if he is permitted to continue his collision course with reality. He would not have been willing to stop the black plague, had it been similarly transmitted…

1 Like

I’m making an administrative decision to shut this thread down. In normal days, the free exchange of ideas is fair game, no matter how crazy the ideas are, so long as the dialogue stays gracious. We’re at the edge of graciousness, and these are not normal days. Some of the ideas being advocated are not just wrong, but will contribute to the loss of life. We must be better than that. End of discussion.

8 Likes