Searching for something impossible

I’ll remember that rule when you become a Moderator around here. Until then, you ain’t one. As for religious experiences,I’ve had my share of them, so I’m certainly not a denier of the possibility, far from it.

But, you and I are not on the couch here, are we? You seem to be unwilling or unprepared to consider the possibility that his believing that he is a Prophet of God personally called by God–which he most certainly does–is unlikely to get him a pulpit anywhere, much less a seat at many dinner tables. Now, you may think that’s not a problem, but I’m inclined to explore the issue with him and make sure he’s okay and that his theology isn’t causing unnecessary challenges in his life.

1 Like

Having a conversation with God does not make one a prophet. Just because God tells you something does not mean this message has divine authority as a message to all mankind.

You’re preaching into the wind. Preach that message to DiscipleDave the Prophet: Words of a Prophet

It doesn’t prove anything, only saying why miracles are hampered because of lack of Faith that they still happen.

Neither Do i. Because you are absolutely Right, In my conversations with God it was not like hearing someone talking from a specific location. for example if you close your eyes and someone moves around the room and then talks, even with your eye closed you can tell where that person is talking from, because of the sound waves that you are picking up coming from the direction the sound waves are being formed.

However this is NOT the case when God spoke to me many times. i could not pinpoint any location whatsoever, it was IN ME. i describe it like this, Everyone knows the voice they hear inside their own heads, it is there own voice they hear, without hearing physically. The Voice i heard was not mine, and much LOUDER and deeper than my own.

For example one day driving in my car late at night heading home, i heard a voice “David” and it scared me to death, i was looking everywhere in the car to see who had gotten in it with me, nobody was there and then i realized it was God. Here what happened next that saved a girls life by watching this video:

This is True.

This is likewise True. Nor do i desire a pulpit anywhere. And about dinner tables, because i am a prophet of God and i tickle nobody’s ear, i am not well received from this generation, which is ironic, God told me that it would not hear those things He tells me. lol, and once again, He is Right.

This is a Godly thing to be concerned about. For Jesus Christ COMMANDED us to Love One Another, being concerned for my health and well being is a Godly thing to do. And i fully 100% understand how crazy it sounds that i say i have had conversations with God and He with me, but if i said otherwise, then i would be a liar, and Rev 21:8 is clear, ALL LIARS will burn in the lake of fire and brimstone, therefore i will not lie and say He did not have conversations with me.

You have no idea what it did to me. i actually ran from God in 1994 Watch this video about my second Angel Visit, but if it bothers you to see a grown man crying then don’t watch it, because every time i think about 1994 it’s Niagra Falls. Tearing up even now.

2 Likes

True, However if God Tells you to tell others what He told you, Then He does give you that Authority. Yes?

What makes a person a prophet or prophetess is when God reveals to that person things that are going to come to pass in the future.

True prophets to False prophets is like ONE out of Hundred Thousand.

How can you tell who is a false prophet?

1. If what they say shall come to pass does NOT come to pass.
    or
  2. if what they say and teach contradicts the Word of God.

NO True prophet of God will teach any false doctrine, especially the Doctrine of the Nicolaitans.

Wow, may the Lord Bless you brother, you are the very first person to promote my site.

1 Like

No. Not necessarily… nor even likely. It could be just about you and nothing about anybody else at all.

That leads to the rather amusing situation in the book of Jonah, where you are either a nutter nobody listens to or a false prophet because people listened so that God changed His mind.

So by the argument of the book of Jonah, if it is about telling the future, then there is no such thing as “true prophet.”

So… I disagree. Instead… what I say is…

What makes a person a prophet is whether they change the world for the better.

… and who is to judge that except God Himself.

i am not talking about any prophets of old, if they are True or False, only teaching what the Word of God plainly teaches how WE can tell who is a false prophet or not?

Jer_28:9 The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.

How can a person KNOW that the Lord has chosen a prophet? by if what they say comes to pass or not.

Eze 12:25 For I am the LORD: I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall come to pass; it shall be no more prolonged: for in your days, O rebellious house, will I say the word, and will perform it, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 12:26 Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

If God does Truly speak to a person, what God says will most certainly come to pass. Those who profess God told them something, and it does NOT come to pass is a False Prophet. PERIOD! Because the Lord did NOT tell that person that thing.

NOT so. The world is NOT going to get better, no person is going to make it better. satan is the god of this world, and it is going to get worse and worse, NOT better. A prophet who is trying to make the world BETTER, which is contrary to the very Word of God, is NOT a True Prophet.

What True prophets of God will do, is:

1. Teach those things that God has told him to teach.
  2. Live by the Word of God
  3. Teach others to get SIN out of their lives, even as they themself have done.
  4. They will do All things to please Jesus Christ.
  5. Be hated by the World.
  6. What they say will come to pass, does come to pass.
  7. They will teach NOTHING that is contrary to any verse in all of Scriptures.

Sounds like a self fulfilling prophesy to me.

i gave no prophesy at all. Where in all that i say above do you believe i gave a prophecy of what is to come? i did no such thing here.

Should we not be talking about the Topic of this Thread instead of trying to prove whether or not i am a true prophet or a false one?

Create another topic concerning that, to discuss that topic.

I already have spoken to the topic. By all means read what I wrote and ask questions or make comments.

I think what Mitchell is trying to say, is that if people believe the world is only going to get worse, then they will not act against evil and injustice. As a result, the world will get worse, thus confirming their initial belief. However, in this instance, evil has flourished not because of any plan of God, but because of human inaction. (I hope I haven’t spoken out of turn, @mitchellmckain?)

I personally do not subscribe to the Pre-Millienial view that the world will get worse and worse until Jesus returns. Rather I take a more Amillienial position that the world (various parts of the world) will go through periods of where evil is restrained, others where it will break out, but on the whole, things will remain more or less the same until Jesus returns. Though, I concede that there may be a more concentrated period of intense evil and persecution in the immediate years leading up to Jesus return.

As to the original post by @NickolaosPappa. I have no problem believing that miracles happen today. I think they happen more regularly than the average cessationist might, but far less often than your average charismatic. The vast majority of miracles today, I would argue, fall under the category of spiritual gifts (1 Cor 11-14; Romans 12; Eph 4, etc.).

These include, but are not limited to, the ‘big three’ (languages/tongues, healing, prophecy) and exist for the encouragement of the church and equipping of the church for works of service. My own view of prophecy is a bit more nuanced than DiscipleDave’s as I see this gift going through some major changes as God’s people move into the New Testament. That’s for another time, perhaps.

As to Jesus appearing to Paul. I would suggest that Paul conversion and position among the apostles is seen as unique. Consider:

And last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. (1 Cor 15:9-10 NIV2011)

Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord? If to others I am not an apostle, at least I am to you; for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord. (1 Cor 9:1-2 NIV2011)

For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. (1Timothy 2:7)

These seem to me at least to suggest a uniqueness of calling that is not available to the average believe today Namely, that Paul saw Jesus and that Jesus himself chose Paul for this ministry. A point Paul also emphasises in his testimony to King Agrippa in Acts 26:15-18.

Galatians 2:1-10 is also helpful in this point. Namely, that Paul saw his role as apostle to the non-Jewish nations (gentiles) as separate and distinct from the work of the Twelve whose efforts were directed primarily to the Jews.

It is also worth asking what Paul actually saw. Although he says he saw Jesus, Luke in Acts 9:3, 4 & 7 and Paul in Acts 26:15 say that what Paul actually saw was a blinding light. Jesus then spoke to Paul from this light.

So when Paul says ‘I saw Jesus’ I think he is using non-literal language. A bit like when a person says, ‘I saw the President!’. By which they mean, I saw the President’s car drive past.

As to visions/appearance of Jesus happening today. Well, some Muslim (and/or indigenous) converts report seeing a vision of man they later understand to be Jesus, telling them to seek out Christians and the like. I see no reason to doubt such stories. However, I wouldn’t put this in the same category as Paul’s vision on the Road to Damascus, which, both Paul and the New Testament seem to see as a unique commissioning event.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.