Search of video courses

Hi.,I am wondering is anyone here can tell me where I can find a full featured math for 7th grade course. I know there are a lot of resources on the web but I don’t want to go to 10 different places as I just started to home-school my son this year. I am looking for a math video course for 7th grade that also has exercises, practice worksheets and answer keys explained. Any help would be appreciated!

We are more into discussing science resources here, but maybe someone has some ideas. Have you looked at Teaching Textbooks.? I know they are popular.

You may want to take a look at www.lernsys.com. They have a math section and offer math video courses and pretty much everything else you described.

@homeschooling-mom

I’m not a homeschooler, in fact I’m a public school teacher, but maybe Christy will let me break the rules this once. I use Khan Academy for some coding in my Computer Apps class. They have a LOT of math stuff. In fact, I believe they started as solely a math tutoring website. There are videos, practice exercies, assessments and you can log in later to check progress.

@jlock It is for people like you that we have the “EC homeschooler and their allies” clause. :grinning:

Kahn Academy is a great resource for practice and drill. I’m not sure how it would work as a stand-alone curriculum, but it is definitely worth checking out.

1 Like

Try Singapore Math. My friend’s brother, an engineer by training, got it for his son when he became dissatisfied with the public school curriculum.

Singapore Math is great. It is what I use for K-5. But you have to teach it. There is no video component and it is not really self-directed. The answer keys are just answers, not explanations.

There is also Everyday Mathematics from the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project. However, this is the very curriculum that drove my friend’s brother to get the Singapore Math books and teach his kid math himself! I suppose that it wouldn’t hurt to check it out.

If Helen was the face that launched a thousand ships and started the war with Troy, Everyday Mathematics was the curriculum that launched a thousand blog posts and started the war with Common Core. :grin:

1 Like

LOL! That’s the truth.