Scientific Evidence of Reincarnation and Ghost Possession

Change and Time are opposite world views. Please visit God’s Riddle for a great source of wisdom.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I am aware the prizes being offered for proof, but that is not the stated intension of this discussion. It is about evidence of the soul, not proof. It is about adding another possible treatment to a list of treatments for mental illness - sickness of the soul. I don’t think we need to prove the soul exists, we need to allow for the possibility, so that people suffering from past life traumas or from ghost possession will have more treatment options than just pharmaceutical.

I personally do not think you can prove the existence of ghosts for the following reason: ghosts are the souls of unenlightened people who have either chosen to remain here or don’t know any better. How can you set up repeatable experiment on intelligent beings that you cannot see and will most likely use their free will to ruin your experiment?

As long as the medical community refuses to accept the possibility of various soul ailments, people will continue to suffer and be medicated for an ailment that cannot be treated pharmaceutically. When it comes to human suffering, isn’t it better to err on the side of compassion? What is the harm from moving from “We cannot prove it, so it does not exist” to “We have not disproven it, so we cannot rule it out.”

I met Dr. Andrew McCarthy MD in Liverpool in 2004 at a neoplatonism conference. At the time, he was the chief neurologist at the National Rehabilitation Center in DC. On the first day of the conference he stood up and said, “I have come here to learn about the soul and here that you know about it.” He had treated some of the most severe neurological injuries and what he experienced in his patients was unexplainable to him. All his years of training had not prepared him for even the possibility of a soul, but this is the only he could imagine would explain his experience with his patients, including his “brain dead” patients.

I hope this explains my motivation for bringing this topic in the BioLogos discussion. It is not an academic argument and I am not trying to start a new religion. I am just trying to provide a voice to the many practitioners who have gained a lifetime of experience helping people with soul illness, but are being ignored by the academics responsible for training our doctors.