"Science and Faith" Graphic Novel

Came across this today and thought it looked interesting and unusual: Science and Faith by Tommaso Todesca | Goodreads

Graphic novels do tend to be hit or miss with me, so it might prove to be a letdown, but I’m still intrigued. I don’t recognize any of the authors involved – Tommaso Todesca, Giuseppe Savagnone, Alfio Briguglia – do any of those names ring a bell with anyone here? From what I can google, they’re Italian, so may not be known authors in the USA.

1 Like

Looks interesting to me.

Hi Elle!

This is Tommaso, I worked on this book for the last couple of years as I transformed the existing Italian book into a graphic novel (with the help of brilliant artist Alexandra Festovets).

I’m glad our work caught your attention! It’s certainly a different way to approach this type of dialogue, and I hope that the addition of “visual beauty” brings something valuable to the discussion, either for readers who are already familiar with these topics , or for readers who are not.

To answer a question posed above, I am not an “author” or an expert in any sense when it comes to theology or philosophy. This is a hobby for me. I’m just an Italian Catholic who loves theology and creative projects.

If you would like to receive a free copy just let me know.

Tommaso

2 Likes

Hi Tommaso, thanks for stopping by! And thanks for clarifying your role and the book’s history – that is a lot more helpful than my off-the-cuff musings above.

I’m grateful for experts, but also for people who simply love theology, philosophy, and science – there are quite a few around here too. :slight_smile:

I definitely think this book is an intriguing concept, even for someone like me who doesn’t usually go for graphic novels, so I look forward to reading it sometime.

Elle

1 Like

Here is a Huffington Post piece on it from 2 years ago: A Graphic Novel Is In The Works To Show How Science And Faith Can Coexist | HuffPost

1 Like

Nice! Clearly I’m late to the party here. It’s nice to see some previews of the artwork on that article too.

This quote from the preview jumped out at me:

Christians are being invited to go back … to the ancient attitude of those researchers whose faith in God used to feed their passion for knowledge, and whose intellectual endeavors used to celebrate God as if they were a prayer.

I like this combination of ancient and modern – and it sounds like the graphic novel style could bridge that gap really well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.