Republican or Democrat

Hi, my name is Caleb and I’m currently writing this as a homework assignment. After this years election, I started to realize that next election I will be able to vote. My family has always voted for republicans because of what they support and don’t support but I’ve met Christians who think the opposite and they vote for the democratic party. I’m just curious about the pros and cons of both sides and which side I should pick as a Christian. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, and welcome. Sorry to disappoint, but if you will look, you will find that BioLogos doesn’t want to host that sort of discussion:

2 Likes

I do not wish to speak about politics

Sorry, I’m new to this platform and I will keep that in mind if I make future post. sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.

1 Like

Hi Caleb,

Welcome to the forum, it is great to have you.

Here on the BioLogos forum we welcome all people whether of Christian faith, other faith or no faith at all. We also welcome people of every politic stripe and flavour. However, as I am sure you can appreciate, politics is often more of a powder keg than origins (and that’s saying something!). For that reason, we ask folk to steer clear of politics in their posts and threads.

There is no need to feel bad about that, after all, you didn’t know. And I do hope you will stick around, read, and respond to other threads in due course. You are also welcome to start another thread about something to do with Christianity and Science if you would like. :slight_smile: In the meantime, I’ll close this thread.

Thanks for your understanding, Caleb. Feel free to send me or any of the other moderators a private message if you have any questions or want anything clarified. We’re here to help.

2 Likes