Reasons for the Genesis account of the creation of man

Continuing the discussion from My theory about the Flood:

@beaglelady words provoked some thoughts on this topic.

God obviously knows humans, He created us, and knows how we think and our capacity for evil. In the past I would ask, “if evolution happened as scientist says it did, why would God inspire it to be written differently?”

I think the posts from that thread would be a great reason not to write it literally. If there is some dehumanizing element that is out there that can’t be detected by man, it could be horribly detrimental to write of it.

Not to mention Bible is written for all, but not to all, and an evolutionary account would greatly. Onfuse those a few thousand years ago. But I think an evolutionary account would create as I said a dehumanizing element.

Theses theories here basically speak of a select group that becomes Image of God (IOG) humans and spreads this sin to the other Homo sapiens. With there being no difference between animals and Homo sapiens, only between this and IOG humans, that could be exploited by the evil (since it is undetectable/undefinable) to treat anyone as they whish and hide behind the fact that they are merely Homo sapiens, and we are IOG humans, and they are inferior to us.

If these Where are Adam and Eve in the Story of Evolution? Four Possibilities - Article - BioLogos theories are indeed correct, then it makes complete sense to inspire the Genesis account as it currently is.

For that respect, I am learning instead of reading the Bible as literal and when learning of scientific truth and then being confounded by why would it be written that way (seemingly contradictory). I should read the Bible as why it had to be written that way so it couldn’t be exploited and make sense to those back then, and it is much less contradictory and strengthens why it was written to way it was.

Basically meaning… God wants us to treat all humans as if descendants of Adam and/or Noah, because if all came from them they were clearly IOG humans, so all of their descendants must be since all had to descend from them. Even if we didn’t all descend from those two (in reality) since we have no way to differentiate between IOG humans and others, we treat all humans as IOG humans. The only thing we can detect a difference in is humans and animals, and it is ok to treat animals different, they weren’t created in the IOG.

Post deleted

I would love for you to share it and if you think it is too off topic, feel free to pm me. I believe in a combo of those 4, but haven’t found a theory comprehensive enough to put into words myself yet.

Post deleted

@r_speir,

So what is this mysterious 5th idea? I’m sure we will all benefit from learning more about it!

1 Like

He also tells us that iron sharpens iron, and can use man to help his fellow man as a tool to answer man. and provided us with scripture to verify claims or theories of man. I haven’t found one that aligns 100% yet and I am still searching. But I would love to hear your interpretation.

Do tell us what this idea is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.