Question about antitheists and salvation

Deep inside you all Christians believe in God because you hope to get to heaven. No one will change my mind on that.

And even if don’t the other 99% does. So Christianity is rigged

Right. He gave us himself and died an excruciating death.

That is time-bound language and does not apply to God’s omnitemporality.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13

I won’t even try to respond. You are circling back to arguments that make no sense as seen above
Your argument of “time” and responsibility are your scapegoat that you create because you are too afraid to admit that your God has failed. You and the others here are so stubborn to your worldview that nothing would change your mind. I however and many atheists here are willing to change ours if you have a good counter argument and can actually keep going on a debate without circling back to old, unintelligible arguments

You need the health-and-wealth ‘gospel’, not the real thing.

I agree that God is a not all-powerful in the way you and some Christians think God is.

The argument is not that God is all-powerful in the way you think God is all-powerful, and therefore the world is all-good. The argument is that God created the universe and God created humanity and they are both good. No One Who is not all-powerful and all-good could create the universe and humanity, even though they are not perfect, because they are finite.

Sorry that you do not appreciate good street preaching.

I think that Putin has proven that God has not failed. Humans have failed.

Ohh trust me if it was real I would have gotten into that Church and given all my money to them.
But because clearly you don’t have something else to say here you are gonna result in pesky Christian irony. It’s typical Christian behaviour. A lot of you have done it before here. But I couldn’t care less to be honest. Im gratefull I’m not as miserable as a lot of you are here with your God but I digress. Anyway where I was I? Ohhbb yeah. A counter argument. Still waiting for one here in the thread. Guess I’m wasting my time

Putting the blame on humans again. Of course when you are indoctrinated by a book centuries before and you read propaganda all the time of course you are gonna believe this bs. God has nothing to do with this, humans all bad. God tried his best blah blah. Leave it please. That self-pitty victimhood behaviour it’s driving me nuts

Just out of curiosity, if you could make Christianity illegal and arrest anyone who follows it, would you do it?

There is a difference between ‘self-pity victimhood’ and understanding reality. The latter neither implies nor necessitates the former. Both imply that we ourselves need to work hard and not just complain, however.

1 Like

What do you think?

I’m not sure.

Sound’s like the nonsense I hear many Christian spout about atheists.

Deep inside all atheists know God exists and just want to sin so they say they don’t believe.

Dictating that people must believe as you say is a sure sign of a biased ideological treatment of reality forcing every peg into the same square holes whether they are square or not.

That could be. I cannot be surprised if God’s indictment of religion in Isaiah chapter one applies just as much to Christianity as it did to Judaism back then. For this reason I have even suggested that atheists may be God’s chosen people of the modern era. At least when they do what is right, it is for its own sake and not because they are looking for rewards promised by their religion. That I believe is real faith.

I am reminded of a favorite film, “Legion,” where God decides to wipe out mankind because He is “tired of all the BS.” I don’t think that makes sense really, BUT… if instead of mankind it was religion that God was tired of and decided wipe out, that could actually make some sense to me. LOL

The only problem is… I doubt that you can wipe out religion. It’s human nature. I think one of the good functions of religion is to guard against bad religion… To be sure it is only partially successful in that, but I think wiping out all the established religions will only make the problem much worse.

1 Like

Theres your answer

I’m not gonna make change my mind because that 1% doesn’t fit in the same bag as the others. The other 99% do. So who cares about the 1%? You are a minority in your own religion.

Also everyone is biased at something

You seem to take man as a conniving and damned animal and incessantly talk about how awful life is, how unfair and uncaring God is (who is definitely evil IF he exists), how mindless and self-centered everyone who doesn’t think as you do is, and how you would make humans into amoral robots if you could because they are fundamentally bad and cannot be trusted. How is that not miserable?

2 Likes

Have you met them?

Imagine believing to a God that doesn’t give a @@@ about you. Just imagine that and compare it to what you wrote above. If mine is miserable then yours is beyond miserable

Even if He doesn’t care about me, that’s not what I believe in. I wouldn’t call that miserable. The words you’re looking for are “hilariously tragic.”