Question about antitheists and salvation

In our limited human mind that seems the only way to have both yes and I agree. But God is not human. He surely could have think a different scenario which both existed

He could think of a way for 2+2 to equal 5? Not without changing the meaning of those things.

Likewise people can empty free will of meaning. Make love into something you have for wind up dolls. Demote God to a dreamer or an author of a book. But the result is a Christianity which isn’t worth much either.

There is a difference between the use of the imagination by an inventor and that of a dreamer. What the dreamer imagines doesn’t have to make any sense because it isn’t real.

Complaining against God misses the point. Entirely.

He could find an equation that will prove 2+2=5 . And I believe he can do that. He’s God after all

A better say would be “What the inventor invest doesn’t have to make sense to the others to work”

“Misses the point”. No it doesn’t. Why it does? Haven’t you ever complained at God? Why do you guys keep playing the Saint here ? You are far better off than it(speaking in general terms)

It sounds like you just read the post without following the link and that you never did listen to or read the transcript of

God Is A Bad Fairy Godmother

I did followed your link. That one number next to it? Yeah that was me

1 Like

Do you see a little problem with complaining against a God you refuse to believe in?

Did you read it once you got there?

People ask “Why me?” when something happens to them that they don’t like. A better question is “Why not me?”

Not without changing the meaning of the numbers and symbols. He’s God not any kid on the block doing whatever nonsensical thing he wants in a dream. It is not a matter of what God can do but a matter of speaking about God coherently. Being able to do anything, whether it makes sense or not, is the difference between a dream and reality. Reducing reality to a dream and God to a dreamer is a considerable demotion from a genuine creator. For the words to have any meaning of substance, the omnipotence of God does not mean God can do whatever you say by whatever means you care to dictate. Otherwise it is just plain meaningless.

It has to make sense according to some understanding of how things work, or he is not an inventor but a dreamer. And if it makes sense according to how things work, then other people can understand this also.

I guess you are disappointed in god as he does not measure up to your expectations.

2 Likes

The way the Gospel describes Judas may suggest that he was out of his mind (or that the devil got into him). It seems his greed and other human frailties combined with some sort of influence by the devil are considered. I guess the question of free will would be discussed in this context. ie:

Luke 22. the chief priests and the scribes were seeking a way to put him to death, for they were afraid of the people.
3 Then Satan entered into Judas, † the one surnamed Iscariot, who was counted among the Twelve,
4 and he went to the chief priests and temple guards to discuss a plan for handing him over to them.
5 They were pleased and agreed to pay him money.
6 He accepted their offer and sought a favorable opportunity to hand him over to them in the absence of a crowd.
Confraternity of Christian Doctrine.

1 Like

There are even people who think that Judas was trying to force Jesus’s hand–so he would fulfill the popular idea of what the Messiah should be. And when it didn’t work he killed himself.

1 Like

My ways are not your ways. It didn’t make sense for Job and it doesn’t have to do for others. We can’t hand pick what will make sense or not .

Agreed. God was the highest of all values for me.
But since he is incapable of stoping this nonsense he created or better putted incapable of stoping it from the begining ,well I guess I’m correct in being disappointed

He is incapable of understanding human suffering. He is incapable of giving the satisfaction of justice to you. He is incapable of punishing people in this life if they behave out of his law. He basically created something which he cannot control. He failed at everything with us. Yet he is so stubborn that he insists in his ways

Theres a reason why everyone who leaves God doesn’t come back. He is incapable of doing even that. And he knew from the begining that you would leave him . He knew and did nothing to change your mind.

How about nothing happens to anyone? Sorry this quote is dump

1 Like

His own son set Himself up to be tortured and brutally killed in accordance with His understanding that it was the Father’s will.

Which if God is real, is true.

This is the offense, the mystery of Christ.

1 Like

Our response to our life and its difficulties is a deeply personal one, and in that vane I can only express my feelings and beliefs, without pretending that I understand fully others (including yours) position. I am convinced that the dignity of man (and mankind) is determined by how we deal with the good and bad aspects of our life, and that accepting responsibility for my own actions is fundamental to this dignity.

As far as I understand God’s actions (based on faith and His grace), His Son, as the Word that brought everything into existence, also accepted His responsibility in taking on Himself the burden of sin. He also provided a way for us to live with all that entails, but only if we decide to do that.

The basic statement is this - God created freely, and this includes freedom for humans and freedom for God. This is the area that has interested me for most of my adult life. This means that my response to God’s revelation is essentially that of one person (myself) and Him (Jesus). It may sounds odd to you, but on this Christ and me are two chaps discussing various matters from time to time. If I get some help from Him, I am grateful, but I do not assume that He must … :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This is where we disagree the most and always will. For you he doesn’t have to help you and you’ll still continue to have a relationship with him. For me a failed attempt to help me(Help me,not biding my will . These are very different things that’s why I bring this up)is a violation of our relationship and trust. If God doesn’t want to help me that’s betrayal on his part. And since the relationship is broken I won’t trust him again. He broke the deal not me . Everyone is responsible of his actions as you said. Even God himself. And I sure do hope that God can judge himself in the end times. Because he is no Saint to me. And you statement above gives me the right to say that

My obligations was to worship God at all times and to live as Christ did. I remembered him during my happiest and most disturbing times in my life. I was trying to live as he told me. He was a Father to me. I was loving compassionate. But in my distressed times he failed to do what he should’ve done. Helped me. Do you remember that quote As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Yeah he did just that . Forsaken me. He left deal with this sh@t alone. The deal is off. He broke it. No trust between us. He failed in my eyes. As I said again this relationship is a toxic one

And if I remembered correct you are an eastern Orthodox right? Do you know what the church did during these times? Yeah all those loving people? They shamed me and blamed me. Theres your flock. That’s your Christianity. Full of hypocrites and traitors. Christians who don’t live according to God yet God grants them all the “good” in life. And to those that are really faithful to him and live accordingly he doesn’t give a sh@.