Predisposition on Evil and The Human Race

Are we predisposed to evil? Is our human nature inherently evil? What matter what we do we will always be like that? Did Christ ever taught about it? How did the apostles and the church fathers saw this question?

No, we are not predisposed to evil. And it is not human nature right across the board. In my estimation about 20% of people are inhumane, i.e., evil.

You need to appreciate that humans are made up of two vastly different groups.
One is humane, i.e., they have a conscience and they have empathy (a form of love).
The other is the inhumane, i.e., they have NO conscience and NO empathy.

How does a person become inhumane or evil? My late husband, who admitted he was a psychopath, said that there are two steps in becoming evil.

He said in the first step you do harm to others, humans and animals, and feel nothing, indifference.
In the second step you do harm and get pleasure from seeing the pain and suffering of the other.

So it is a conscious choice to become evil. It is not a case of “no matter what we do” because we, as humans are not all evil, nor is human nature evil.

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.