Pray for India's Covid Crisis

Many of you may be following the sad lack of oxygen in India as the country experiences a new Covid wave. I ask you to join me in praying and well wishing the Indian people as they suffer. Does anyone know of a good way to help? Thank you.

India’s Covid crisis: Inside the world’s worst second wave - BBC News

7 Likes

I don’t but I heard Biden was getting ready to send supplies to them. Hope there will be plenty of oxygen.

2 Likes

Many Asian countries are having problems. Especially with fears over the Chinese covid vaccinations “ Sinovac and Sinopharm”. They don’t want the Chinese vaccine, they want to “american Pfizer vaccine “. They are even being told that if you get the Russian or Chinese vaccine that USA will not allow you in because they don’t recognize it.

1 Like

Sadly prayer wont do them any good.Supplies will benefit them much more

1 Like

Do you know of a way to help? World Vision? Thanks

Well we can give them supplies through organizations and stuff as you and many others saId.We can encourage goverments to do that as well.But organizations ,goverments and people are corrupt in general.They will take the money for themsleves.No one is helping no one anymore.Also the supplies we wouldve sent would go to the mainly population and will exclude Christians and other minorities in my guess (which have happened before).So our own brothers will die.Wanna help them?You cant sadly.Prayer wont do nothing to change peoples hearts and minds.You can pray for a literal miracle i guess “divine intervention” but these havent happened for centuries.Im a cessassionist so at least thats my view.Very grimm answer sorry ,but this is reality,Death and life are nothing for God.He uses them as he pleases.Hes doesnt discriminate.He takes people away from all kind of groups.

Prayers for them. I was reading on a Facebook physician community page where a doctor posted asking if anyone knew of any hospital beds or oxygen anywhere in India for his parents, who had Covid. Such a sad situation. And it still angers me to hear people minimizing the disease and denying its effect.

4 Likes

Im sorry but can i ask what are we praying for here?For God to end thus pandemic?It doesnt work like that.He wont.So what do we pray for?To give them strength maybe?Because i dont see the whole point.If we want to do something maybe we need to start doing things .Prayers wont help it .

1 Like

Here is a video from one Indian medical YouTuber you may have seen already:

1 Like

The problem Nick is that you’re swinging between extremes. We do nothing snd God does everything versus God does nothing and we do everything. Instead we can pray and send money and help. Prayer does help. It’s definitely helped me many times.

4 Likes

Here is a link to Unicef, which has a good record with around 90% of donations going to benefits :wink:During India’s Coronavirus Crisis, UNICEF Is There to Help | UNICEF USA

1 Like

Good governance even more. And that’s where the rubber of faith hits the road. There are people of goodwill, education and faith in India despite its primitive democratic party politics (and Britain and America are just soooooo much better at that…). Just as there were in America between the World Wars. That leads to social capital and justice, taxation, redistribution, infrastructure, regulation, investment.

They help when they are honest. They give strength when they are honest. [Such prayer does us good, individual, couples, group, corporate.]

Sad to see people of India dying when vaccine is sitting around unused in the USA. Hopefully can get wider acceptance and wider distribution of the vaccine. One real danger to the worldwide effort is that widespread disease will lead to more mutations and potentially more outbreaks, where if more were immunized, fewer chances for mutation would occur.

2 Likes

We already know that some new strains are more transmissible, and it seems likely to me that some will arise that can escape current vaccines. Mutations that affect morbidity and mortality don’t seem altogether unlikely, either. So “enlightened self-interest” behooves us to help around the globe where we can, and soon.

1 Like

Some news of relief-

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.