Podcast S2E9 - Rick Lindroth

The question of faith and science has often been posed in only one direction—how does faith affect science? As Christians this question is more comfortable because it plants our religious beliefs in the center, keeping them untouched. But what about when the question is flipped—when science affects faith? Rick Lindroth joins producer Colin Hoogerwerf to describe how this latter question has played an important role in his life. They also discuss the dangerous reality of insect collapse and the lonely grief of the ecologist.

LISTEN: Rick Lindroth | Hope in a World of Wounds - Podcast Episode - BioLogos

1 Like

This was another great episode. Certainly, the ‘lonely grief’ segment resonated with me even though I am not an ecologist, as did (shocker) the section on insect collapse.

Reminds, me of the Joni Mitchell song, ‘Big Yellow Taxi’:

All in all, it seems to go,
That you don’t what you’ve got
‘Till it’s gone.

3 Likes

This one was really good. I’ve enjoyed them all but this one is my favorite so far. Though the latest one about people’s experiences with confronting faith and science views among secular colleges, friends, and church was close.

I do agree with them that it is often really sad when you see nature falling apart in many ways how we as a species who had a role to help protect the garden and world and maintain it have just failed. But hopefully it can be stopped and reversed in many ways and that as more and more become scientifically educated and saturated in the evidence within the church there will be more and more who confronts this issue and allows the church to be a friend of nature and help heal it.

2 Likes