Personal Freedoms/Choices & Public Health Measures

0.85% is not very low mortality. In the US, that translates into roughly 1.7 million deaths.

You haven’t said how you intend to accomplish this.

4 Likes

The 0-17 mortality is .001 percent. Why are they imprisoned?

1 in 100,000.

It is much lower for grade school children.

Why should I?

Can’t you figure it out?

Call up the National Guard medical units for nursing homes and let the soldiers camp out at the homes.

My wife was an Army Reserve medic. She would do that in a New York minute.

I was an Army Reserve officer. I would have an answered the call too,

That is not what happened. The governor of NY forced nursing homes to take Covid-positive patients. With no help.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/europe/498460-france-reports-70-new-cases-of-covid-19-in-schools-allowed-to

Yes let’s open up the schools for them. And then maybe some will become one of the 125 already in France with Kawasaki disease. Maybe they will spread it to their asthmatic father and he will die. But it’s so small it doesn’t matter, right?

2 Likes

Let the household members with underlying conditions isolate.

Don’t keep millions of school children isolated for flimsy excuses.

Where is your documentation?

The link did not mention that.

Let’s keep dad locked in his room. I like that idea. And lets put grandma in the shed who is stuck watching the grandkids so the mom can go to work at the hospital. Maybe she can let them take care of themselves.

But no matter, states are opening up anyways despite cases increasing:

1 Like

Read it again.

Georgia opened weeks ago. First to open. Lots of criticism.

The Atlanta Journal and Constitution reported total that Covid hospitalizations have dropped by a third.

Our case growth rate is half that of the US average.

Lock up everyone so these people don’t feel alone?

How is that rational?

Because they spread it to everyone else, who then do the dying.

Because otherwise you’re not proposing anything other then letting millions of people die.

No. It’s your proposal.

There are 1.5 million Americans in nursing homes and another 10 million need assistance in their homes. There are a total of 450,000 in the National Guard (not the medical units – the entire Guard). How exactly are the medical units going to care for all of those people?

So let’s start figuring out how this would work. 10% of Americans have diabetes. One third have hypertension. How many households does that represent? Will they receive unemployment, or will they lose their homes?

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but all states are either relaxing restrictions now or soon will be. Lockdowns, which were never complete, were also never intended to be a long-term response. I’m not sure what you’re even complaining about – that states are taking two weeks too long to relax restrictions, or that they won’t let everyone just do what they want?

3 Likes

Consider your position again.

Imprisoning the innocent is not American.

Not to people who are isolating.

No, that is wrong.

Did you not read what I wrote?

The ones at risk of dying should self-isolate.

As has been pointed out to you, that’s not true. In NY, most of those dying were trying to isolate themselves.

But if there’s no practical way for them to self-isolate – and you certainly haven’t given any indication there is a way – then you’re not actually offering an alternative.

4 Likes

There are more in the Army Reserve.

More in the active forces.

More people working at nursing homes who don’t have at-risk people at home.

There are many of those nursing home people who could temporarily go home to family.

That is not true for many.

You want to make everyone isolate when there are better options.

Data?

Documentation?

How did they get the virus if they were isolated?

No, I already told you what I wanted: for ‘everyone’ (actually far short of everyone) to isolate themselves for a short period while our national government formulated a plan to open up the society while protecting the vulnerable. That plan might well have involved the military and the reserves. But there hasn’t been much in the way of planning from the government, and what planning was done haw been suppressed. So why are you complaining to me? I don’t want to keep people locked up any more than you do.

Cuomo: 66 percent of new coronavirus NY cases at home

3 Likes