Perennialism through global accommodation leading towards righteousness preparing peopleforChrist

We talk of accommodation often and we even see places where God accommodated practices like divorce for the evil of our hearts.

We see verses like

Acts 14:16-17
New American Standard Bible
16 In past generations He permitted all the nations to go their own ways; 17 yet He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good and gave you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.”

It says he did not leave all the nations in the last without a a witness. It implies he reached out to non Jewish nations as well.

He also sent dreams to the Egyptian pharoah in genesis 41. and he gave some sign to the wise men coming up to Christ’s birth. This is not universalism. This is God reaching out to many nations to help create a better world for them through righteousness as they prepare their hearts for the baptism into Christ. There is a joking saying that I hear sometimes. We all should follow Yahweh, but if not Yahweh then Zeus is better than the devil.

It’s the belief that by reaching out to various nations God could help improve their rightness to prep their hearts for the gospel of Jesus.

2 Likes

Marginally. :rofl:

1 Like

That reminds of the Peace Child narrative – there was a redemptive allegory in the aboriginal culture ready and waiting for the gospel. (When they first heard the gospel story, they thought Judas was the protagonist!)

1 Like

That’s not something you see every day…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a cool story. The allegory is amazing.

1 Like

Sounds interesting. I’ll definitely look into it. Got my eyes first settled on some of the work by Joseph Campbell.

I’ve also heard some interesting stuff to follow up on in a podcast titled “ Deep Talks “. One of the episodes actually had Jim Stump on it. I really enjoy it. I forget which episode but one of them talked about this subject. Mentioned a few books and authors. I’ll have to find it again.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.