On the Etiquette of Dying

yes you did do me one better. My brother was a dentist and he showed me his cadaver in his first year of Dental school. The guy had died of cancer. I thought the whole thing was gross, but my brother delightedly showed me the various muscles and other anatomical features of his party dissected body. I was glad when he put it back under the formaldehyde. lol

2 Likes

You may recall my med. school story. The physical therapy students shared the anatomy lab with the med. students and they were a great help to those of us M-1s who had not had a prior A&P class. What was somewhat nasty, however, was on at least one carcass where a limb that the embalming ā€œhadnā€™t takenā€ adequately and they had to do a postmortem amputation. Sorry, TMI, Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

Did not know you were a doc. Neat. I am sure we all had some trauma those days. We were taught by the faculty to be deeply grateful to those who donated their bodies. We held a memorial service too. Amazing.

1 Like

Iā€™m not, but the saga of why and when involves a cool sequence of about a dozen of Godā€™s providences in miraculous timing and placing, both confirming my matriculation (when I was 43 :grin:) and my leaving. (My older son was a freshman in college the same fall that I was an M-1. :slightly_smiling_face:) I had given up my job at the hospital where I had worked for most of two decades, and the way I was handed a new one that was created for me in a different department was wonderful.

1 Like

(Yes, there was some trauma involved, especially in my leaving, but mostly for me and not my family, thankfully.)

1 Like

Thank you Bob! And to you also! Iā€™ll pray for you too! Ron

P.S. I was wondering if you tried, Juice Fasting as a cancer cure? Iā€™ve heard and read some wonderful
things about it.

No I havenā€™t. As I said in the opening post, I have yet to see these kind of things work. I only try things for which there is some evidence in the literature. That said, I am such a statistical outlier that I am a curiosity among doctors. In 2008 my oncologist told me that the median life span was 5 years, While I donā€™t know the precise shape of the Gaussian curve, they do tell me I am a major outlier from their mortality statistics. God has kept me alive all these years for some reason. I now have 7 tumors around my body. One on my hip, 4 on different ribs, one on my spine and one near my adrenal gland. But I am still living well.

2 Likes

Hi Bob, I have been into fasting for many years. I started back around 1980, as a way to get closer to the Lord. Nothing fancyā€¦a day or 2 a week. As time went on, I realized some health benefits, and cured myself of a few ailments. Then about 10 years ago I got really deep into it as a spiritual tool, if you will, and saw many miracles for it. There are many advantages to fasting, most of all the pleasure of our Lord! The happy biproduct is healing. I have some lititure if you are interested? Just pm me your email address. If anything, it will be an interesting readā€¦and maybe a conversation starter?

Godā€™s blessings, Ron

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.