New Blog Post: 5 reasons Christians should get the COVID-19 vaccine

You left out social distancing. Do you do any of the above (especially masking)? If no, then I’m not sure you have any legitimate argument about the efficacy of vaccines.

Yes. Isn’t it nice that most participants on this forum don’t matter very much?

1 Like

(Do we have any stats? ; - )

Isn’t that your impression?

It doesn’t take a whole lot to be younger than me, even if I’m only in my early to mid-geezerhood. ; - )

1 Like

Boosting is better.

I think youre too quick to accept the word of the company that made and is profiting from the vaccine. Independent research is required before accepting such claims.

I dont understand how the efficacy of a vaccine to prevent infection or transmission is relevant to other separate methods for preventing transmission. A vaccine either prevents infection and transmission or it doesnt.

But to your question, I come from the UK and can advise the vast majority of the population no longer wear masks, adhere to social distancing etc, and that also applies to most older people I have observed. I think most or all of Europe is the same.

It’s important that people get vaccinated. And if they haven’t gotten boosters, they need to get boosters. I have seen some projections showing that better vaccine coverage could save many thousands of lives this winter.

NYT Virus Briefing, 10/19

I’m not going to rehash the same arguments that have been dealt with here on the forum many, many times.

Same in the U.S., and it’s too bad, especially with winter upon us. Many will regret it, and some will learn from others’ unfortunate choices. Some will ignore any wisdom or unscientifically rationalize around anything with word salads that may sound good…

Brandolini’s law states it takes ten times the effort to debunk rubbish as it takes to produce it.

The vaccine and all of the more recent boosters are helping to prevent people from coming down with more serious, lasting cases of COVID - and, as I understand it, are still doing that even as the overall number of serious cases are declining. So if I’m exposed to COVID - perhaps even getting mildly infected with it, but my vaccinated body easily fights it off, I’m not going to be contageous for as long as somebody who gets walloped with it for longer stretches of time. So in that way it probably helps prevent spread. But mainly it’s helping to protect vaccinated people from the worst consequences of Covid.

Those who know more - please jump in to correct me here if my impressions are now out-of-date or wrong.

1 Like

Long COVID in Scotland:

This is interesting: