New Article: Interview with Dr. Karin Öberg

Today’s new article is a scientist profile of Dr. Karin Öberg, an astrochemist, and the journey to her career and faith.

Enjoy!: Dr. Karin Öberg: Planetary Formation, Faith-Shaping Books, and the Beauty of an Intelligible Universe - Article - BioLogos

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It makes sense to me that God respects the regularity of the universe that makes it understandable and predictable for the rational beings He has made.

Right on. If he didn’t and natural laws could change capriciously, we would not be able to recognize supernatural miracles, let alone do any physics or chemistry.

This is what the LORD says: If I have not established my covenant with the day and the night and the fixed laws of heaven and earth…
Jeremiah 33:25

Providential interventions where no natural laws are broken, just with surprising timing and placing with meaning infused, are in a class by themselves. The term ‘hypernatural’ miracles has been used. Jesus calming the storm was one of those. It was way more than just surprising, though – it was spectacular! But no natural laws were broken – a man in a boat said something during a storm.

And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.

And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”

And they had to row, all the way back. ; - )