New Article: 5 Ways to Integrate BioLogos Topics into Your Sermons

Mario graciously wrote this piece that highlights all of the BioLogos resources and how those who counsel and lead other Christians might use them to the advantage of the congregations. (This article was also totally unsolicited, before anyone thinks we put out a call for someone to say nice things about us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

I’m guessing most pastors haven’t received any training on how to think about these issues, let alone help others think biblically about them. But seminary should only be one of the first places pastors learn, not the last. Whether you view culture as inherently in conflict with the church or not, one thing we can agree on is that if the church is to reach the culture, it must understand it. It is hard to make sense of something we don’t understand. Pastors must be constant students of culture. If we are not actively seeking to understand the questions of our culture, we will never be able to show how Christianity makes sense of them. We can’t provide answers if we don’t know the questions.

This part gave me all the feels. As a millennial still seeking church community, I just wanted to shout “YES THIS!!!”

3 Likes