Nature Of God(Problem Of Evil)

Dont think you know what Gods wants. No one knows

Thats is so wrong in many levels. You forget that evil deeds can sometimes break people apart right ? Not only they are not become stronger they might even take their own life.

But i guess everyone has their opinion

You realise that these are just Natureā€™s way of restoring balance? If people happen to get in the way then itā€™s either dumb or bad lluck.

Richard

What if i told you that God had revealed this to me?

I mean if you were ā€œa godā€ would you want your creation to robitically worship you or would you rather a true, divine love where your creation worshiped you out of free will?
It really is quite that simple.

We suffer from hardships. We suffer from betrayal. We dont necessarily have to experience wicked evil but we will experience ā€œevilā€ in our life. Evil could be many things. It could be bad experiences. A friends betrayal. The loss of a loved one at too early.
In Gods eyes, evil is sin. Lying is evil. You cant tell me that you havent experienced lying and how hurt you felt when you discovered the truth.

Just pray and get a closer relationship with God, He will provide you answers.

PS. Ive NEVER claimed to know what God wants. Ive used my brain, The Bible, and Gods answered prayers to know about what God wants in SOME areas. Areas where ive requested to know and God has allowed me to see.
But how can a christian not claim to know what God wants? Its in the Bible!!! God wants to be with His children/creation. Is that not why God sent his own son into the world so that everyone may have every lasting life.

I thought i was being helpful by sharing my knowledge of what God has revealed to me but it seems to me that yall are still young in your walk with Christ. So, when yall want a closer relationship with him and personally ask my advice, i will provide it. I know i want a relationship qith God the way Enoch had a relationship with Him. I want to know God on the most personal level possible.

I think we can gather a pretty good idea of what god wants by focusing on the Bible. Suffering is a byproduct of living.

Often when life sucks, some Christianā€™s feel like Yahweh is distant and that if they are his chosen people then why are they not better off? God wants us to be his corulers on earth. He wants us to be his people not so he blesses us, but so that we are the blessing. He never promises life id easy. In the creation myth Adam learns he will have to toil under the sun and work against the thorns and so will we.

Life is a game. There are rules. Sometimes someone gets a cheat code but for the most part we all have to learn the rules and do our best to make it work.

Three things can really help anyone feel happier.

1. Financial stability. When you are struggling and living week to week, comparing your life against those better off, you often can feel hopeless. Itā€™s hard to give time and money when all your time and money goes into working all day and itā€™s even worse when you hate your job and feel underpaid and not appreciated. Especially when bills outweigh your income. Canā€™t enjoy much when you are bitter. So seek a good wage.

2. Knowing who you are. Having the emotional intelligence and cognitive processes to self reflect on your strengths and weaknesses to develop the character you want. Having a game plan mess you can start making good choices. Knowing what you want and working backwards.

3. Having healthy , stable and consistent relationships. Not just romantic ones but family , church, business and friends. Having people to vent to safely, having people to vent to you and ectā€¦ having a good network of loving people really helps us.

A lot of the violent evil in the world happens when 1or more of those things are not there.

Good does not force any of those things on us. We have to make those choices. Those who make bad choices often end up like Cain (metaphorically speaking.)

Life can be tough.

Mental Illness for example is on the rise and that is beacuse life is getting more and more difficult.So no.Its not like someone get a cheat code and they are ā€œrareā€/A LOT and i mean A LOT do.And the choises they make impact someone else.

So i guess the only solution is : Num 1:God if capable breaks his own rules he set up and fix this (which again goes back to the nature of God argument) or God codemns these people depending on the level of sinning theyve done.No forgivenness and redeption. If they done wicked evil theres not going back.No Hitler in heaven kind of thing(even if they repented).

Theres no other way in my view

I guess you would have to define what you view a cheat code as. I was saying some people get a cheat code such as winning the lottery or born into rich families and have financial stability and it has nothing to do with their choices really. Take someone like Brad Pittā€™s daughter. Sheā€™s probably going to be financially secure for the rest of her life even if she never works very much. While you and I would probably end up homeless in a few months or year if we just stopped working.

I think Yahweh has many options and the option he seems to mostly go with is our choices directly affects us. The choices of others who are in our lives affect us regardless if itā€™s a mean stranger, a kind coworker of a boss of a company we woe for but will never meet in person.

So? Again as i said choise then doesnt lead to good and bad only on oneself.Choise may lead others to do bad,or good

Moral dilemmas.Thats what i call em.

Politicians force you to do things no? Yes
Certain people can blackmail you or your family into certain things no?
Drug lords running the behind scene and can do whatever they want to you ro me anytime if we see something and go report it no?

Other choises directly affect us one way or another.
So if you focus on individualy choises that we make (which i agree) you might as well focus on choises other people make for you.

Ive read real life cases where doctors were killing their patients for literally nothing to gain . And thats just one crude example

Ive lived my fair share of some things which are not to be spoken here.Although most of it was inderectly.Let me tell you people choises can alter your pshyche in a way you might not even recognize it.

But then again maybe thats the way God wants it? To punish them when the time comes .

Again i dont know but i have come to the conclusion that not all sins are forgivable ,especially those wicked acts upon others

I think all sins are forgivable. Even the worst ones. But that does not mean accountability or scars vanish. Likewise someone cannot do so much goodness that even if they do bad it does not matter.

I think you both should get out of the judging business. Not God or man.

Just live the life you have and stop grouching. Envy is also a sin.

Life is a gift. Stop wasting it.

Richard

1 Like

Mindset of a ā€œslaveā€ right there which i refuse to adopt.Wont responde further anyway. If thats your worldview then fine

Sometimes you do everything you can in life and still isnt enough.
And yes i do have envy.Life is unfair.Why shouldnt i envy?
I envy but im also humble.Why i cant have more because i was born with little?What kind of mindset is that?

You are far away from it

Who am I judging?
What have I said about not enjoying life or being unhappy, jealous of another personā€™s life and ectā€¦?

But he is right. Life is a gift. You didnā€™t pay anything for it or do anything to earn it. Depression can leave you less grateful if you canā€™t find any joy in it. But even if itā€™s a lousy gift or broken it is still something so you werenā€™t left out altogether.

Depression has to do nothing asbout it.No one in this thread has . No one is wasting their life ,Some people life just fight them so hard that even when they do their best is still isnt enough.

Well even if it seems like a s*** sandwich ā€¦ happy birthday! :wink:

Sort of along the lines you are describing, Nick, were the comments of our state criminally charged Attorney General who when talking about the recent mass school shooting here said something to the effect that ā€œIt is all in Godā€™s plan.ā€ He was rightfully roasted for his incredibly insensitive and awful comment. God may brings something good from the awfulness of a situation, but it was never Godā€™s plan for the awfulness to occur. I think even with Moses going to Pharoah, his desire was for Pharoah to hear him and let the people go, rather than the Passover to occur.

To commend on that ,it lines up with Gods nature. What you are describing is some kind of not all-knowing attribute which can easily be made a scapegoat .because if he indeed isnt all knowing then he didnt knew anything about us humans in the first place.Dont know if i am understood or not .

However i will agree that good can happen during bad situations and life events though not so often as we might think.

Now about the robots thing i hear a lot.

So lets say some child from the shooting goes to heaven. The shooter asks for forgivness and God grants him. Now has the child any free will to choose between forgiving the shooter or not?Or the family?Or do they automatically forgive them since they are both in heaven(the shooter and the victim).If yes doesnt that make us robots? but in some other way?

The question isnt specifically to you but i just wrote it here while i was at it

Oh boyā€¦

It is hard to resist the temptation of telling other people the things that work for us personally. Is it even possible to resist this? Butā€¦ Our lives are so different, it is more likely than not the things that work for us are useless and inapplicable to the lives of others. And the result, more often than not, is that telling others what works for us sounds judgmental to them.

ā€¦a lot of us know enough about the variety of things that happen to people so we can imagine how different the challenges of life of another person can be. But can we imagine how we would face those same challenges when many of those differences also play a role in giving us the means to deal with things. Perhaps we should think about our weaknesses and the situations we havenā€™t been equipped to handle.

On the other handā€¦ maybe what we have found to work for us can help others. Or do they have to learn these things for themselves? How can we know? Could it be that we have to risk looking judgmental in order to help other people?

1 Like

God is the fusion of the consciousness of all particle in the universe. All particles are free. Hence there is good and bad. However, since larger numbers are good, therefore God is also good.

Whatā€™s the reason for you landing on that particular conclusion of god is the collective conscious of a particles? If there is a site or book you want to mention thatā€™s ok as well. I know sometimes we explain this by s so much we are just burned out on it.

That pretty much means God is restricted to being confined to and limited by the natural universe. Except that we have evidence for the supernatural.