Musical Interlude

6 Likes

Oh, Terry. My heart is full.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Terry, I’ve been listening this evening to the entire play list that this piece is part of. It’s just wonderful.
How did you encounter it?

2 Likes
  • Terry don’t tell short stories.
2 Likes

I didn’t mention word count. The Discourse software seems to have no problem with lengthly posts.
Have at it,

2 Likes

My 3yo is loving this for his bedtime music

1 Like

• My mother-in-law, Maria Guadalupe Garcia, [on the right, with her older sister and her children] was born and raised in a small town in Mexico in 1915.
  • The only school in the area was taught by nuns in the local convent and, because her father was frugal, he decided not to spend money to have his youngest daughter educated. [After all, he had spent hard-earned money to educate his older daughter–who chose to marry her way out of the home rather than “put her education to a more profitable use”.] Instead, he taught her to cook and count money, and the Rosary and other common Roman Catholic prayers.
  • During her teenage years, before her father died, she and he were very close. After he died, she became, essentially the servant of her six brothers who slowly left the home.
  • The picture was taken in 1934. Lupe married in 1936, eventually had 12 children, 10 of whom survived into adulthood, and immigrated north to California with the children to join her husband.

• In 2000, one of my brothers-in-law, devastated by a divorce that he had brought on himself, took his own life and, in a hastily written farewell note and will, rejected a funeral or memorial service for his remains.
  • Two days after receiving word of his death, siblings and their children gathered in the home of my parents-in-law to pray the Rosary. At the end of it, my mother-in-law led a recitation of a litany which is not, officially, actually part of the Rosary.
  • In 2009, my mother-in-law died at the age of 94. Shortly afterward, a sister-in-law wanted to carry on her mother’s daily recitation of the Rosary but was uncertain how to proceed, because the Rosary that she found online was missing something: the litany that my my mother-in-law had always added to her version of the Rosary and which my mother-in-law’s father had taught her as a young girl.
  • To assist my sister-in-law, I searched on line and–familiar with Christian litany–I began looking for one with some of the lines of the one that my mother-in-law had led that my sister-in-law and I could remember, because neither of us knew what it was called, and my sister-in-law didn’t even know what a litany is. Eventually, I discovered that the litany my mother-in-law had learned and recited is called “the Litany of Loreto”:

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 06-29-27 The Litany of Loreto - Google Search

• Fast forward 14 years, to the present.
  • I have a rosary, rarely used but not disdained in spite of my more Protestant upbringing. And I recently decided to change its function if I can. To that end, I thought to myself that I might have some success, by replacing established ritualistic prayers and invocations with some things more in tune with my current theology.
  • Searching online for an existing Litany to replace the “Litany of Loreto”, I came across Bernadette Farrell’s “Litany of the Word” which appealed to me so much, I felt moved to share it in this thread.
  • And so the Spring of Gratitude flows more frequently.
4 Likes
2 Likes

Better and better.

2 Likes

1 Like

This is great! I had printed off the lyrics from the sheet music and not gotten around to formatting it beautifully as you did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.