More than expected: Today’s visit to the new ICR museum in Dallas

Way more than expected.

But the legacy of Henry Morris is strong in the new ICR museum here. A lot of the arguments about science come from the 1970s.

The hoaxes of Piltdown and Nebraska man as missing links is repeated as it was then.

As with Ken Ham’s Kentucky museum, dinosaurs are depicted as walking with humans and other living things in Eden, and depicted as aboard the ark, which a display claims held 50,000 animals.

Satan in the garden is depicted as an erect snake with legs, standing in a very humanlike way.

There is nothing I can see in the museum itself or the bookstore about Hitler and the Holocaust, as I saw at a very small museum in Abilene.

There is a whole section about dinosaurs being the source of dragon stories, including one about Alexander the Great meeting one.

The book of Job is taken as a reference point for the ice age and climate change.

Christ is depicted as appearing in seven theophanies in the Old Testament.

There is a history of Christianity which exalts the Reformation and laments the “Roman church.”

There are holograms of scientists assumed to be Christian, and they are talking to each other. The ones I can remember are Newton, joule, Pasteur, faraday, and Kepler.

No one from the 20th century but George Washington Carver.

There is a wall of paintings for the six days of creation, including the sun and stars being created on the fourth day.

The staff were very friendly and I heard from a volunteer that evolution secularized young people, leading to things like school shootings and transgender politics.

Little that was argued has changed since the early days of creation science in the 1960s.

There are some very important comments as well about race/culture, the Tower of Babel, and the sons of Noah as the root of all people groups on earth.

It has been almost 60 years since the 1961 publication of The Genesis Flood. These perspectives have had remarkable staying power within the American church.

7 Likes

Any photos that you can post?? Particularly from the inside?

The photos are on my phone. How do I post them to biologos?

1 Like

If you email them to yourself, you can get them onto the computer. From there you can edit an existing post or create a new post. From the toolbar, select the little “Upload” icon (it looks like a picture of a landscape) and that will allow you to browse for the picture, select, and upload them. I think you can format them too, a bit.

On your phone…

1 Like

Oh man … who let @Michael_Callen in here??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Poor, unsuspecting souls… :rofl:

3 Likes