Marriage, YEC and the Authority of scripture

Greetings, and God bless you all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is my second and last post on these forums. I will tell you why I believe in YEC, and why I believe “ministries” such as Biologos are a threat to the authority of scripture. I believe that God created the universe supernaturally and did not fine tune the universe through naturalistic events commonly found in the secular science of evolution. In fact, I believe we must view through creation through the lens of scripture, rather than view scripture through the lens of creation. My first post convinced me that I cannot reason with people who subvert from scripture, and yoke to a humanistic worldview that I believe is founded on lies.

I understand the literal interpretation of Genesis is that all of creation was created in six, 24 hour days, and God rested on the 7th day. (Gen 1:1-31; Ex 20:11; Is 48:13) Any other interpretation undermines the authority and majesty of Almighty God.

Another reason I am YEC is that I am currently dedicated to the permanency of marriage ministry which stands on the foundation from the “beginning”. I believe the Lord Jesus Christ was referring directly to the “beginning” when He defines marriage in Matthew 19:4-6 and Mark 10:6-9.

Mark 10: 6 But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. 7 For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, 8 and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”

Matthew 19:4 And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”

I believe that marriage is defined in these passages and that the first marriage was Adam and Eve. These are not archetypes of humans, these were the very first man and woman, and the first in the genealogies of Christ. (1 Chron 1:1; Luke 3:38) The above scriptures point to Gen 2:21-24. Marriage is a one-flesh covenant from the beginning.They also specifically say that man was created before woman and Paul clearly understood this to be true. 1 Timothy 2:12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. We also see in these passages that these events were from the beginning.

Perhaps what may surprise you most of all is that I believe the above verses point to marriage as one-flesh covenant of one man and one woman for life. That would mean that any other union outside of one man and woman for life, is sin. This includes divorce and remarriage, as this union is adultery and requires repentance. Divorce and remarriage is more of an issue today because there are many YEC, OEC, and EC living in adultery, and each of these creation positions have capitulated on this sin. I would also point to the fact that the naturalistic worldviews that the EC and OEC yoke to are leading the way in not only adultery, but fornication and homosexuality, and that many in the YEC are not far behind.

I understand that the OEC and the EC argument believes that there was death before death came into the world(Gen 3) They will also tell you “animal” death is not the same as what they believe. Unfortunately, they are false because animal death came first after the Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden fruit.

Gen 3:21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

This was the first spilling of blood required to cover both Adam and Eve. The Lord slaughtered an animal and covered both Adam and Eve. The same spilling of blood was required on the Passover before the Exodus. Blood from an animal was always required for the remission of sins. But glory to God on High, who sent His only begotten Son to shed His blood on our behalf, defeating death on the cross and defeating death by rising from the dead.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.15 But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.

Hallelujah!

Biologos, and those who fund and support this industry, take away the power of the Gospel by propagating lies by yoking to a naturalistic creation account. None of what you preach, teach and believe stands on the authority of God’s word, nor does it even stand to reason to the most simple of mind. You are only falling deeper and deeper into a pit. Repent of what you teach, and come to a simple understanding that God is the Almighty and seek only to put Him in power. It takes great humility to reject your worldview, and admit that all you believed about creation was founded on pride and greed, not the word of God.

I hope you heed these words and I pray the Holy Spirit would guide you to the truth of the Word.

In Christ’s love,

Neil

Your arrogance is astounding.

4 Likes

Here is something that you need to consider Neil.

Those who support non-traditional, non-Christian forms of marriage, claim to have the support of science. These claims need to be scrutinised carefully by the Body of Christ, and especially by those among us who have the necessary expertise to do so. We should be expecting them to meet the same standards of honesty, factual accuracy, and quality control as everybody else, and calling out any claims that they make that fail to meet these standards.

However, before we do so, we need to make sure that our own house is in order first. You cannot expect anyone to take you seriously when you talk about subjects such as gay marriage if you yourself are spouting demonstrable falsehoods, clueless ignorance and incoherent nonsense about empirical, testable, measurable matters. That is why I keep saying, make sure that you have correctly understood what you are talking about, and that your facts are straight.

As Jesus said, “I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?” (John 3:12)

5 Likes

You make me admire the mission and efforts of the people on this forum all the more. The lengths and forbearance they show again and again to their fellow Christians is a testament to the qualities I admire most in my fellow man. By contrast I find your contributions here to be focused on intolerance, self-justification and divisiveness. I hope you can find some way to open your heart and eyes a little more.

3 Likes

Greetings to you, Brother.

I understand your concern about humility. However, I have a question. If we all accept that our Holy Scriptures are true (Muslims, Hindus, etc), as a presupposition, how can we discuss truth? Does God not gift us with logic and perceptions to be able to discuss truth? Are the creation stories (such as the Hindu one of the Earth being on the backs of turtles) necessarily true?

I can talk about the marriage, etc questions, which are good ones–later.

Thanks. God bless.

Blessings.

2 Likes

Incidentally, one of the points that Neil says is this:

Unfortunately, I don’t think he has thought out the full implications of what he is saying here. Viewing creation through the lens of Scripture means this:

13 Do not have two differing weights in your bag—one heavy, one light. 14 Do not have two differing measures in your house—one large, one small. 15 You must have accurate and honest weights and measures, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you. 16 For the Lord your God detests anyone who does these things, anyone who deals dishonestly.

Deuteronomy 25:13-16 again. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: it is simply not possible to interpret the evidence for the age of the earth as indicating anything other than 4.5 billion years without violating that clear instruction of Scripture. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying to you, or doesn’t have a clue what they are talking about.

6 Likes

@NeilN

The ancient solution for the problem of marital compatibility was polygamy. I think you missed that in your research. Don’t divorce your wife … but promote her to Senior Wife by taking an additional wife or two.

1 Like

My new favorite verse.

1 Like

Had to laugh. For a moment there I thought your new favorite verse was the one Mr Brooks was recommending to NeilN regarding polygamy as a marital aid. Then I saw you were responding to an earlier poster. For the record, I didn’t think you were eager for that marital aid so much as having a laugh about it too.

3 Likes

Ancient… and still current for at least a billion-plus people!

2 Likes

Hate the sin, love the sinner, right? Lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.