Manifestation vs Prayer

Block me. I’ve given instructions. Do not tell me or anyone else, which you have done, what to do. Your initial response is a non sequitur.

I cant find it nowhere.Ive can only “ignore” you by the system,.

Sorry?I will tell you what to do when it involves me.In real life i could sue you.

Which part you dont not understand that i dont want to have any conversation with you?Are you so out of touch with reality that you cant even accept , some people dont want to have nothing to do with you?

I will sincerely ask again.Please Mr Klax dont respond to me ever again here.As your brother in Christ

Nick

If you are looking for a holy grail answer, you are trying ways to make the Creator of everything do your bidding. That is how it does not work. Prayer will remain useless to you because you want to control the relationship. You are looking for signs and wonders instead of seeing the person in front of you.

What person has seen the God who cares? That would be me. Others? Those would be my friends who stopped trying to manipulate God and decided to just be with him. Your rituals have blinded you to His presence. You have lost the reason to have faith.

What rituals exactly?And what is your way ?You think your way is some kind of new innovation? Im trying to get him do my bidding?yeah sure. Easy to say when you have a comfortable life huh?Try pray to him when you are in the verge of collapse.See how that will work.

Ive never tried to get God do my bidding because that is impossible.

You have no idea what you are talking about.Who in their mind actually is trying to manipulate God and how? God cannot be manipulated thats common sense.But yeah tell that to a suicidal person who is praying day and night to God .Tell him how he is "manipulating "him and thats why God doesnt answer his prayers.

I love your story of how God works in your life. A simple thing like free shoes that fit. Beautiful. God finds you attractive.

God knows all the possibilities in the future, not just one timeline. I see two ways this works. He knows what is most likely to happen. This is how he knew Job would remain faithful and why the Pharaoh’s heart would remain hard. He can also choose to change the course of events to make something happen or keep something from happening. If he gives a vision to one of his prophets, then the event will happen because it would not be a true prophecy if it didn’t.

It was just a joke. Chill.

3 Likes

Hey have checked out the feet of our modern youth lately? Color combinations that are blinding. I may be showing my age here but if I found a pair of sneaks like that I’d leave them in their place (although I do have a pair that are black with silver lightning bolts).

1 Like

I agree that God having destiny in his hands can decide to move in different ways but mostly He runs a pretty tight ship.

Note how His prophecies concerning ancient Israel come true. Then there’s the prophecies of Jesus. For example how Peter will deny him three times before the rooster crows.

So God might very well change His mind but most likely He won’t.

And peace be with you.

2 Likes

I’m astounded at the forbearance of the Admins and @moderators. Thought I’d be banned for life. My apologies to them.

Click on your ikon brother - and as your brother I will continue to respond as I see fit, the rest is up to you. This is real life so go ahead and sue me.

Preferences

Users

Hey Nick. If that’s you, all bets are off. If you’ve cut me off, sorry. Those feeling suicidal need to talk and get any help going. @moderators please forward assuming Nick doesn’t see this:

2 Likes

So interesting that you posted this- I’ve been thinking about this exact thing lately. It sounds like @Hplatsky has done a lot more thinking about it than I have but as I’ve become familiar with manifestation-type thinking and continue reading my Bible, I do feel like there are overlaps. Particular, the verses from James that talk about how if you don’t ask with faith- but doubting- you won’t receive anything. And then, of course, there’s Jesus’ statements about moving mountains with your faith and not worrying about tomorrow. One thing I’ve wondered is whether God is blessing some of these people simply because of their humble acknowledgement that there is a god at the center of the universe-- they don’t know him but might God bless that humility versus the person who thinks they’re capable of doing everything themselves? Or is it because of their gratitude, which is emphasized a lot? I don’t know. It’s mysterious.

It’s all about getting stuff for yourself, apparently.

I feel this topic has strayed too far from my original OP. My point exactly was that some people believe in manifestation or law of attraction or whatever they want to call it. But God or spirituality had nothing to do with it! So if you believe you gonna get stuff by looking at vision board you made and you get what you want, how is this different from praying and getting what you want??? I appreciate that to you @jessica and @Hplatsky it is one and the same thing i.e God manifested things for you but if you look at social media for example, God is hardly mentioned in all the successful manifestation stories.

We may have strayed from your original concept but isn’t that the BioLogos Forum way? Anyway we are on some tributary of the topic and it is getting interesting.

If something manifests, and I mean manifest not something coming as a reward for hard work, then God through His angels has everything to do with it. Even if the person is an atheist. Why would God reward in such circumstances? Actually it’s a tender trap and wealth accumulated in that way can drag someone straight down to hell.

On the other hand the reverent, humble person is satisfied with just enough for a good life and is paving a path to heaven.

Jesus tells us that faith will insure that God sees to our needs though there may be trials from time to time. Further Jesus tells us through faith we can be healed though destiny will ultimately rule. It’s not a bad deal I think.

1 Like

No one said it’s all about getting stuff for yourself except for you. To a non-Christian, yes, manifestation is going to be about their desires which are uniformed by the Word or a relationship with God. But the Bible has a lot to say about God granting our desires-- but loving him, knowing him and enjoying him must be number one with all other desires subjected to the the main thing. Here are just a few references:

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
-John 15:7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
-Matthew 7:7-11

Blessed is the man who fears YHWH, who delights greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon the earth. The generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.
-Psalm 112:1-3

I know there are dangerous “health and wealth gospels” out there. I don’t have any experience with them in my church background but I would guess they focus only on these types of verses. Obviously the Bible has a lot more to say. But we can’t read the whole Bible and claim that God has nothing to say about our temporal desires & wellbeing. He is our loving Father and he wants to give us good gifts.

Now that’s interesting…so do I understand correctly that sometimes “gifts from God” are there to trap us?? Why would God be playing games like that?? So is that what happens when we play at law of attraction without faith?

Incidentally I’m discussing the issue of being rich and a Christian on spinoff vs law thread…

I didn’t mean to imply that manifestation and prayer are one and the same. When we pray, we know intimately the one to whom we are speaking. He’s our good Father. I can’t explain why manifestation works- I was simply saying that as you read the Bible you notice some overlap in language. Like I said before, some of this is mysterious and will likely always be. I think it’s clear that God intentionally didn’t explain everything in his Word and that’s because he honors faith.

I think if you stay grounded in the Word you will not go wrong even if you incorporate some of these manifestation/positive thinking practices. You have the Holy Spirit to guide you and a written word that’s as clear as you need it to be. I will say that where I get concerned about the “new age” (or whatever you want to call them) crowd is where they claim any type of communication with spirits. They think they’re benevolent and they certainly appear that way but I think the Bible makes it clear that they’re anything but. I know that seems off-topic but if you go down that road long enough it will come up and that’s when I take a hard pass.

1 Like

“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

Because the rich man had the right kind of faith, which Lazarus apparently didn’t have.