Looking Back Upon Moving In

Whatever your view on origins and evolution, I hope you feel welcome here--our house is your house!
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://biologos.org/blogs/kathryn-applegate-endless-forms-most-beautiful/looking-back-upon-moving-in

@Eddie

Did you catch that? I know you’ll be awaiting said posts with bated breath, and I look forward to your pages and pages of responses. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Christy

Unfortunately for Eddie, that isn’t the ‘design’ of the IDM. Falk & Haarsma have already stated they accept the lowercase/uncapitalised ‘intelligent design’ of the universe as do all Christians, Jews and Muslims. The “pages and pages of responses” you look forward to (!) are particularly trying to defend a ‘strictly scientific theory,’ a ‘modern ID theory’ (IDT, i.e. capitalised ‘Intelligent Design’), that is peculiar to the Discovery Institute via Thaxton, Johnson, Meyer, Dembski and (highly unphilosophically) Behe, but with a ‘neutral theology’ twist. IDists may indeed ‘muse’ here at BioLogos, but the vast majority of mature science, philosophy and theology/worldview discourse has moved beyond IDT already.

@Gregory
Oh, I think there has been plenty of bemoaning an alleged aversion to lower-case design/teleology too.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.