Lions and Mammoths and Wolves, Oh my!

Loss of permafrost is unearthing long frozen animals from ages and climates long past. What is a treasure for researchers is yet another difficult argument to counter for young earth proponents and climate change deniers. Plus, how cool is finding a cave lion cub?

2 Likes

I wonder if it would be appropriate to resurrect Ice Age Animals in an era of global warming? They could (I assume) only live in what are now tundra areas, which may not be around for much longer.

If only there was a way to make such neat discoveries without the upheaval of so many communities. :frowning: It takes a lot of tenacity to survive in that kind of climate, and I’m sure it makes such large changes all the more devastating.

On the other hand, this shift in climate might also mean these areas eventually become the most valuable real estate on Earth and then Russian and Canada will dominate the world.

This made me look up Greenland to find that it is a described as an autonomous Danish territory. This also led me to the reports that the ice there is melting much much faster than the worst case scenarios predicted. This is part of the instability factors in climate change and with a number of other things suggest we have past a critical point already and the changes are unstoppable. Looks like for some parts of the world, at least, the ending will be a flood. But it is not God’s doing of course – we have only ourselves to blame this time.

1 Like

How so? (Post must be at least 11 characters)

Yeah @jpm. It is pretty obvious there was a single ice age in the history of the earth a little less than 4,000 years ago (see book of Ham chapter 2). Animals were rapidly diversifying in microevolutionary hyperspeciation events and going extinct as fast as they arose as their genomes were breaking down and lifespans of all species were decaying in a biological decay curve that is really a power law to the inverse 1.4 power that is basically like an exponential. I think I got it all but aren’t sure.

1 Like

There is strong evidence that, following the Flood, for a time ice and snow covered much of Canada and northern USA, northwestern Eurasia, Greenland and Antarctica. Evolutionists believe there were many ice ages, but it’s more likely they were advance/retreat cycles within a single Ice Age.
Mammoth—riddle of the Ice Age

That should be geologists believe there have been 5 major ice ages and have the evidence to back that up. Which includes dating the ice ages BTW.

4 Likes

There is strong evidence…

I read the link. Contrived speculation does not rise to strong evidence. The data supports the mainstream geological explanation.

There are cave paintings showing Lions which dates far earlier than allowed under the Answers in Genesis timeline. Don’t like the dates? Consider that to have cave art depicting lions, in the big picture AiG model, requires that in the compass of time from Noah’s flood, algae blooms had to produce limestone deposits up to kilometers deep, those deposits then geologically crucibled to limestone, that limestone then up heaved to land, the now terrestrial and dry limestone subject to erosion to form the cave, the now eroded cave to be adorned with stalactites and stalagmites, and finally some talented artist to paint the European lions. All within the span of what, a couple hundred years or so?

There is Egyptian art, historically dated to before the AiG chronology for Noah’s flood, depicting lions, cheetahs, domestic cats, and leopards. Nathaniel Jeanson of AiG seriously proposes that some proto-cat pair disembarked the ark and within a handful of kitty litters produced not just those lions, cheetahs, domestic cats, and leopards, but also the saber toothed tigers of the tar pits and all the other cats which (d)evolved only to promptly go extinct. You do not have 4,500 years available for all this; all you have is ark disembark, a few generations, and bammm…house cats and lions. This does not just fail the test of science, this fails the test of common sense available to any lay person.

5 Likes

I think this is a case of creationists equating scientists with “evolutionists.” No doubt the latter is the term they use for anyone who dares to find any evidence which disagrees with their version of events in any way whatsoever.