Learn about Passover with Mayim Bialik

This short video, Passover!! by Mayim Bialik is an excellent introduction to the feast of Passover. It’s one of the major Jewish holidays (because God commands the Jewish people to celebrate it). And it’s important to Christians also, because Jesus is our Passover lamb who was sacrifice for us. More on this later.

Chag Pesach Kasher v’Sameach! I need to remeber the dates.

Thanks @beaglelady. Although I started watching some of her other you-tubes and there goes an hour of my life. She is a very entertaining, intelligent and articulate lady.

1 Like

What are some OT/Jewish prayers. Currently I just recite the Shema in Hebrew twice a day every Saturday.

By happy coincidence, the first night of Passover starts on Good Friday this year.

You might want to read the haggadah since it is almost Passover. There are multiple version of it, including several short forms, a gender-neutral form, even a humanist form!

Dayenu (“It would have been enough”) is a very popular Passover song. It has many verses. Click on the link for a recording and the English translation.

In every Jewish home, a woman lights Shabbat candles on Friday evening and recites this prayer in Hebrew:

Blessed are You, Lord our G‑d, King of the universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us to kindle the light of the holy Shabbat.

Learn more about Shabbat

I reject about 2000 years of Jewish theology, I have no time for the Talmud/Mishnah/Haggadah etc, I only see the Tanakh as authoritative.

No interest? That’s a shame.