Is this the end?

Hey listen. I need all the help I can get. If you think I’m way off base, holler. I am trying to learn. There’s few things I know for sure. I know there is a God. I know I ain’t him

6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
1Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came and tested Jesus by asking Him to show them a sign from heaven. 2But He replied, “When evening comes, you say, ‘The weather will be fair, for the sky is red,’ 3and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but not the signs of the times.…

The fact is, sense you have stated that you have no faith in Jesus or His Father, then you do not know them, understand them and have continually placed yourself outside of their will. I’m just going by what you have said. So you don’t know what the intended purpose of what God has said in the Bible is.

God has made it clear, unless you have the Spirit of Christ in you, you have no part in Him. So I understand why you don’t understand those who love Jesus, you can’t understand because you place yourself outside the family of God, outside His Kingdom, outside His will and outside of His wisdom.

But that does not have to continue to be the case. You can acknowledge your sinfulness like those who belong to Jesus did and God will become your Father and will forgive you of all your wickedness and give you a new heart, a new spirit, filled with love for Jesus and the Father.
I hope you do:) God bless you!

1 Like

The only thing I know for sure is the strong uniformitarianism of eternal existence.

That doesn’t answer Mark’s question. Since you, or Ralph, should know, is the intended use of the Bible to predict the near term future of the earth? And yes I know that some Christians actually do.

1 Like

Bro. Ralphie, I think that you are way off base and I am trying to holler, but it seems that you are hard of hearing. I do not question your intentions, but I do question the one-sided teaching that is behind your statements.

Let me start with the words of 1 John 4:19
1 John 4:19-21 (NIV2011)
19 We love because He first loved us.
20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
21 And He has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Jesus gave us only two commandments, Love God, and love others. John’s first letter explains the connection between the two. We must love God first, because God is the Father of us all, then we must love God’s all of children including ourselves.

However, John observed that some “christians” were loudly proclaiming their love of Jesus, while at the same time their contempt for others whom they judged as sinners. John clearly said we cannot do that without denying our relationship to Jesus Christ.

So I ask how can many leaders of the evangelical church be silent while Donald Trump turned the Republican Party into a personal cult, particularly when many, if not most, of their flock has been included? How can you be silent about the anti-Christian lies that evangelicals seem to believe about a stolen election and the QandNon conspiracies?

Sooner or later Jesus is coming back for His Church, God’s forgiven, loving People. The question is Are you ready? In my considered opinion the evangelical church is not, nor is much of the rest of the church.

The big bang and the beginning of time in this cosmos (and maybe the only time and the only cosmos) was somewhat less than uniformitarian. Any other presumption is exactly that, presumption – assuming presuppositions that are not necessarily true. So you do not know what you presume.

I will grant you the strong uniformitarianism of eternal existence… of God, but that is not what you think you know.

I believe you can speak of the cosmos as singular without ruffling anyone’s feathers. The universe is the part we more and more associate with the expansion of the local/current expansion of a singularity, the only universe anyone of us will ever be in position to observe. The cosmos refers to everything, whatever that may turn out to be.

The cosmos refers to this universe and not others, nor does it encompass God.

1 Like

It is if indeed that is all there is. But if there anything more it also encompasses that.

Not the way the word is used, it doesn’t, unless you are taking it upon yourself to try and change it. The cosmos means this universe, even if there were others. You are welcome to show me a dictionary citation or astronomy glossary that indicates otherwise.

You’re right in terms of traditional use. But in reading discussion of the possibility that everything associated with the Big Bang is but a part of a greater reality referee to as a multiverse I have heard it used as I described.

The idea of a multiverse is not new. Maybe you heard it being misused?

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.