Is this the end?

Your assessment of the current state of the “American Christians” indicates that they are guilty of the idol worship of power, favor and “being right” and hopefully the coming destruction will result in a new start?

None of those stories will come to pass as reality doesn’t actually work like any of them.

Many blame “the church” for nearly everything. Even pointing out that “the church” is nothing like the body of true believers serves as justification for the tsunami of their wrath for the church that inevitably follows.

German Christians perpetrated the holocaust, in case you didn’t know, or at least that’s the position they hold and if you challenge them, you will face various and sundry forms of the severest hostility.

The goal is to destroy Christianity. The goal is to silence those who know Him and everyone else who pretends that they know Him.

Having not been raised in or near any church, I can easily distinquish between people who go into a building with a churchie name, and those who are ablaze with His love. Consolidating all of them, characterizing them as one and the same, isblatant bias and a huge mistake.

1 Like

If these alternatives are not realistic, what are you suggesting instead?

1 Like

And only you can tell the TRUE Christians from all the fakes.

1 Like

Reality: what we have. And reality is classified.

Yes, these are idols we face. The things that we are afraid of destroying us will hopefully draw us nearer Christ and be more like him. I can only speak as one person from the Christian American experience I’ve grown up with all my life.

I’ve heard of one other person who lives in a poor section of Cairo who is supposed to be able to make such distinctions, but I haven’t any direct knowledge of her or her skills. It is a heavy burden being the only known individual with such talent. I need a break, so if you find someone, give me a holler.

Er, what talent is that mate?

Would you mind sending me a pm? I don’t want to do a back and forth with short sentences. That is frowned upon.

P.S. I don’t know why, but I don’t believe I received a notice that you responded. Sorry about the delay.

1 Like

It’s OK Ralphie. It’s OK.

@Klax and @Dale

Be more like Ralphie. See how easy it is to get with the program?

3 Likes

Nearly 10 Million Acres of Land Are Burning in Siberia

TEN MILLIOM ACRES

Russia has seen an increasing severity of wildfires in recent years due to rising summer temperatures and a historic drought

A photo of a small town in Russia. Its skies glowing an eerie amber color as wildfires continue to rage in Yakutia.

RIGHT NOW OVER 10,000,000 ACRES ARE ON FIRE in Siberia alone.

Ladies, gentleman, kids–the earth is burning

The 8.2 mag earthquake in Alaska released the equivalent of over 15,000,000 tons of TNT

About 140 miles across, rounded in every sense.

Hey Ralphie. I took you literally. Ya got me!

We are 28 trillion, 650 billion dollars in debt. We have no plan to reduce it, no means of paying it off without massive cuts and not one politician is warning us of the upcoming economic earthquake about to strike.

Oh baby, we be in the very end of the end of time. I can feel it everywhere calling out

Ralph, you have expressed multiple times that you feel the end in near, at times seemingly in despair. Martin Luther supposedly said, “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”
Are you letting this concern rob you of joy in life? Are you still able to share Christ’s love with others and live for the Kingdom of God?
My advice, such that it is, is to avoid news shows for a while and get involved in volunteer activities that help people. Every church has ministries that need more helpers. I never feel better than when sweating with others working towards a common goal, even when that task is unpleasant.
National debt, wars, natural disasters, and such are always going to be around, and you can’t do anything about them. You can do something about pain and injustice around you. Perhaps you already do all that, and this is just your vent. Good to have a place to vent, but better to just give it to God.

6 Likes

Appreciate your thoughts. It doesn’t bring me down at all to review, post and comment on the peril we are in. And, yes, thank God, I have opportunities frequently to be a friend to people who are hurting, lonely, and needy. That’s what I do best. (I’m not bad at public speaking, but don’t say nothin.)

It is important to be reminded that there’s a heaven waiting. This life doesn’t offer what would satisfy us, but we seek for fulfillment in the here and now anyway with reckless abandon. God is Himself the true and only source of joy and happiness and completeness—in abundance, too. It is so sad that people view that comment as a fundamentalist’s cliche. God is nothing like a fundamentalist in the way people think of fundamentalists. He is an endless supply of creative energy, kindness, fun, challenges, friendliness, understanding and companionship.

Without him, if I was still alive, I’d be sitting in a bar drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, killing time, friendless, living in a shack, bitter, nasty, filthy and in trouble.

3 Likes

As of this moment in the entire state of Alabama there are no ICU beds available.

GET THIS it was already “the most exceptional drought that we’ve ever shown on the map in the Western US,” according to Brian Fuchs, a climatologist at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln who creates maps for the US Drought Monitor. The drought has grown worse since then, and now affects a whopping 95 percent of the West.

The water level at Lake Mead reached a historic low in >hoover-dam-reservoir-lake-mead-record-low-drought), dropping to 1,071.57 feet above sea level.

Today, the US Bureau of Reclamation declared a water shortage at Hoover Dam’s Lake Mead, which 25 million people across the Western US and Mexico rely on for water. It’s the first time this kind of declaration had been made on the Colorado River, the main source of water for Lake Mead, CNN and E&E News report.

I want to add, if you are anything like me, when things are going well and you are cruisin along as if all is well and there ain’t nothin that’s gonna happen that could bring you down, God is a curse word.

When things begin to fall apart and the world is on fire and you are running out of water and electricity and Israel is asking neighboring nations for help to put out fires and Russia is burning 10,000,000 acres and Delta has emerged with the promise of a much deadlier variant comin this winter if Covid is not under control and we are 26 trillion in debt and terrorists are likely getting ready to use a hydrogen bomb, God becomes a refuge.–if we so choose.

1 Like

If a person has truly been born from above through faith in the sacrifice of Jesus, all these things that are happening in the world should not cause fear. In Christ we have over come the world, and if we continue in faith, love and obedience to Jesus, we will be safe. Not necessarily not being affected by them in the sense, some of us may die or lose all we own. But we will overcome sin and love of self by the blood of the Lamb, the word of our testimony and not loving our lives to the death.

During all this we just keep on living our lives like we already should have been, loving God above all else and loving our neighbor as ourselves.

All these things and more will happen. Lift up your eyes, for our salvation draws near.
But the unbelieving and wicked will continue to increase in their evil ways, but the Lord has their reward ready for them. Don’t be unequally yoked with unbelievers or their condemnation will become yours.

1 Like