Is the COVID Vaccine Safe for Children? A Pediatrician and Immunologist Weigh In

I’m glad we can agree on that. Thanks, Vance.

Since the COVID vaccines are newer than the flu vaccines this doesn’t really say much. As for dangerous, define danger… and cite your sources :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

There are lots of news reports about medical complications from the vaccine. You don’t think it is risk free, do you?

And, of course, the personal friend who had to go get a pacemaker put in immediately after his first vaccine — as well as the family member who suffered from the vaccine, provide further evidence to me. But those are just anecdotes, although my friend with the pacemaker might disagree,

How is the vaccine riskier than the infection itself?

4 Likes

Sure, no medical treatment is risk free. That why I asked you to define what you mean by danger.

Sorry, but I prefer not to base my medical decisions on news reports and personal testimonies alone. What other sources do you have?

3 Likes

5-year-olds seem to have almost no symptoms. My two granddaughters that age breezed through Covid.

We don’t know the effects of the vaccine for them, as they did not have the shot.

Amazing statistics!

1 Like

Liam and T_a,
I am sure you mean well, but your technique of demanding more and more research on my part — and apparently inferring success in your arguments if I don’t meet your criteria for success — is not what I would call polite or fair.

It is not as outright rude as writing about “freedumb,” but it has its own level of rudeness.

I hope you understand what I am writing, and that it is meant as constructive criticism.

1 Like

You are at least somewhat scientifically minded, but apparently you cannot see the import of this?:

@T_aquaticus’ science demonstrates the correctness of my lay precautionary statement:

I think it is this kind of exaggeration which is unhelpful.

So is ignoring the science. More so.

And we don’t know what all they do, right? Or that they cannot cross the blood-brain barrier, or at least fragments of them? Or that they cannot ‘hide’ like Lyme disease to produce serious and lingering issues down the road, even in granddaughters that have ‘recovered’?

Earlier you said

“In the case of the other four (three in one family and one in the other), no vaccinations are planned. The parents determined the risk of serious illness from Covid were less than any potential risk from the vaccine.”

I am still trying to understand why they think the risks from the vaccine are worse than the risks from the actual infection. They will be exposed to the mRNA from the S gene in the case of infection or the vaccine, but will be exposed to many other mRNA’s with the infection. So why do they think the vaccine is riskier?

1 Like

We can confidently say that the rest of the proteins and mRNA’s have not gained FDA approval nor have they been tested to the extent that @03Cobra and others demand for mRNA’s used in vaccines.

1 Like

I don’t recall making that demand.

You do in effect when you say the vaccine is an unknown with respect to granddaughters ‘recovering’, ignoring the science.

I don’t understand your post, Dale. It seems to be a strange misinterpretation of my posts.

I just find it curious that you don’t find mRNA’s dangerous even though they have not been clinically tested nor have they been approved by the FDA. However, you find the mRNA in a vaccine dangerous because you feel they have not been tested enough, even though it is nearly identical to the mRNA found in the virus you think is not dangerous.

1 Like

@T_aquaticus just explained for me. The bottom line is still that you ignore the science and base your conclusions on a statistical population of two over a grossly inadequate time period.

T_a, you are misrepresenting my posted opinions. I don’t know why.

Please reconsider this. You are attributing to me opinions that I never presented.

Did you miss the post in which I noted that I have had the vaccine three times?

Did you miss the post in which I wrote that Covid was worse than the flu?

I appears you have a desire to defend the vaccine, and I understand that. But it should not require misrepresenting my opinions. Doing that only undermines your support of the vaccine — for, if you are willing to misrepresent my posts, it brings into question your other statements.

You presented this opinion:

“In the case of the other four (three in one family and one in the other), no vaccinations are planned. The parents determined the risk of serious illness from Covid were less than any potential risk from the vaccine.”

What I am trying to point out is that the COVID vaccine has the same mRNA for the spike protein that is found in the virus. The difference is the vaccine does not have all of the other genes found in the viral genome. Do you understand why I am scratching my head as to why people think the viral infection is less dangerous than the vaccine?

1 Like