Is God evil for allowing all this pain and suffering exist in this world?

Jesus has been there and done that.

Jesus was God .He had a choise.Some dont . He could endure it because he was God.Some of your brothers in this world cant.Have some compasion at least for the people who didnt make it because they couldnt handle that pain and suffering

And of course you not being Christian is your excuse for lying and ill manners. I said nothing of the kind. In fact even Charles Darwin didn’t say that. You are telling all kinds of lies today. I could say I was disgusted to see an atheist behave so badly but I doubt you qualify as an honest atheist, and perhaps they would deny any similarity with you as well.

Pain and suffering are a necessary part of life without which life cannot even exist. Tis a scientific demonstrable fact. This seems to be one of the truths which you have a hard time accepting. Will you now call evolution evil to make yourself feel better? What a dark path… anti-Christian… anti-science… anti-life… what next?

1 Like

Well God might forgive him but I won’t. Bad manners on the part of non believers reflects badly on all of us. But I’m not sure he really is a nonbeliever. Would anyone who didn’t believe in God hold so much resentment and anger toward Him?

5 Likes

His religion seems to be hate. And he will borrow from anything that will help him to hate more. And if he can find nothing then he just makes it up.

It is no excuse, but I see where it is coming from. There is a nasty sector of Christianity like this …though perhaps communism/Marxism can be said to be a sector of atheism devoted to hatred as well…

Maybe but I always get the feeling it is the former believers who are the most hurt and angry.

Even a cursory glance shows an ongoing debate about moral realism. I know “morals are not facts” is big deal with Nietzsche, but honestly, I am only vaguely familiar with the subject. Nevertheless, I remember well reading an intro to ethics, and seeing the claim about moral anti-realism. Immediately I thought that it is factually wrong to treat other people like they don’t exist, when you believe they do. I mean who would disagree with that.

No one that I know or have heard of. Everything in philosophy is up for debate. That doesn’t mean everyone is equally right. But it does mean philosophical approaches are not enough to settle things in the way scientific approaches can (at least to fair minded and competent thinkers). Every philosophic argument is tethered to premises not all of which are widely shared. About the most you can hope for is to persuade people who are tethered to the same premises.

But if you’re familiar with The Righteous Mind, you know there isn’t much reason to expect reason to leverage moral action no matter how real it may be.

1 Like

Neither have I seen anyone disagree with it, but I also haven’t seen moral anti-realists reply to it. Like I said, I’m only vaguely familiar with the subject, but I suspect it’s something they didn’t see coming.

I’m also looking for a political philosopher who treats the principles of fairness and desert as being coequal.

I was not.

Looking at it now.

1 Like

it is just that I approach it different. When I was a child I prayed to God to spare my hamster and let him live, and then my Grandma. By the time my mum died I had grown up and prayed for guidance to help me to give her peace to help her on her way home.
Oddly, suffering tends to bring you closer to God once you accept the command to take your cross and walk

the disappointment to find out that God is not Santa’s big brother that fulfils wishes upon prayers is too hard to handle for some so they sulk for the rest of their lives

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one more responsive to change
That’s what he said and it’s what I think he implies as I stated above. So who is lying? Get over yourself you pittifull Christian.

Quit playing the scientist here. Your intelligence has the same capabilities as ones of a 10 year old. My guy I doubt you are even a scientist in real life.

You were the guy that was claiming in my thread before that we all pray for self destructive things and that’s why God doesn help us. I won’t say no more. . Enough said

Ohhh no Mark here wont forgive me what im gonna do.Do you hear yourself?Youre a grown man acting like a child/Abnoxious behaviour

Ahha yeah .So you are basically born into this world to suffer and then hope to get to heaven. Guess what .There are people who live happilly yet have never sufffered.

I suppose you’re right. Not very gracious of me, was it? I didn’t need to make it personal or call you out like that. I’m sure you have your reasons for saying the things you do in the manner you do, things that seem rude as they stand. But I have to admit I haven’t had your experience and don’t really have the whole picture. I apologize for that. Maybe you’re here trying to process the experience you’ve had as a Christian which has led you to be so dissatisfied that you now self identify not only as an atheist but even as an anti theist? Good luck finding peace of mind. It’s good there is a place you can do that. I won’t say anymore about it.

4 Likes

If you told the truth the first time you wouldn’t have to correct it. And you still haven’t fixed your lie about what I said.

That would be you. One lie after another.

Made no such claim. Another lie. Are you going to fix this one? It is kind of hard to keep up when you tell so many lies so fast.

I am not surprised you don’t like scientists any more than you like Christians. Frankly you don’t like anyone speaking truth of any kind do you?

Anyway I do not have to put with this garbage.

There are people who live happily on drugs of many kinds. there are people living happily on selfish self-destructive behaviours for the satisfaction it gives them. If you have not suffered yet - your time is still to come. Your death is an infinitely long time at your end, independent of the time for those around you. Funny thing when you run out of it or perhaps better outrun it. If you do not reconcile in death you burn out o reentry in the non material world.

the fall is exactly about this act of puberty, the rejection of the authority of the father and the claim to independent morality as to judge him for knowing better, e.g. eating from the tree of the realisation of good and evil :slight_smile:

This logic is mystifying. E.g. by what logic does a father provide a benefit to others by encouraging/allowing the unbearable suffering of His Son? God is omnipotent. He could have allowed forgiveness of our sins without sacrificing His Son. The long history of blood-sacrifices of animals culminated in this human sacrifice. He could have simply declared it by caveat. Why execute your own son?

1 Like