Irreducible complexity is a undeniable fact

That’s not surprising. Meyer isn’t going to help you answer my simple question, as his claim is objectively false.

Peptidyl transferase is a ___________.

The first letter is r.

2 Likes

ahm, really ? and what did the jews two thousand years + believe ?

well, at least you can’t say there are no geologists believing the earth is young… and if they wrote a book on the subject, it means they spend a lot of effort and time to dig deep and evaluate the evidence. I don’t say they are right. I have not read the book, so i don’t know. All i say is , argue that because geologists are all old earthers, therefore the old earth interpreation is true, is a nice argument ad populum.

rna. so ?

question : 1. when did it have to emerge: before, or after life began ?
2. what was the mechanism that made it emerge ?
3. what is it good for without the other molecules, like tRNA, mRNA, the ribosome, 20 amino acids, the genetic code and cipher setup ?

Those geologists who are in the 99.9% on the question have evidentiary standards and quality assurance processes. The work on the RATE project lacked these basic scientific aspects, and it shows.[quote=“Otangelo_Grasso1, post:104, topic:35068”]
. I don’t say they are right. I have not read the book, so i don’t know.
[/quote]

This statement really surprises me, Otangelo. You spend a lot of time and effort on gathering quotes and arguments from anonymous visitors to your site, but you don’t seem to care much to read original research so you can analyze it yourself. You cited Minnich without ever having read the literature about knockout experiments. You haven’t read Wiens’ well-known paper on radiometric dating. You know that radiometric dating has assumptions, but you don’t seem to know what they are and why they might be valid or not.

You strike me as a very intelligent man, Otangelo, but your method of gathering information could stand an upgrade. I hope that the links I and others have provided to you will be helpful to you.

Peptidyl transferase is a…

[quote=“Otangelo_Grasso1, post:105, topic:35068”]
rna. so ?
[/quote]Finalmente!

Now, why?

You and Meyer note that ribozymes are not good catalysts. Why would an intelligent designer use a ribozyme for an essential function like this?

The RNA World hypothesis predicts “fossils” like this. You and Meyer can’t even explain them after the fact.

Instead, Meyer misleads his readers by falsely stating that peptidyl transferase is a protein. Is that incompetence?

And why isn’t that important fact mentioned on your translation blurb?

1 Like

Chris, do you really mean that you’re surprised? :wink:

Is there any problem with its function ? If not, where is the problem ?

Actually, I am. A guy who works as hard as Otangelo on these issues should have no trouble making time to read the literature. So I am puzzled.

Chris,

you are right. There are issues, to which i give less priority than to others. Somehow i find not much motivation to spend time, and to make a deep research into the issues that regard the age of the earth. One reason that does not motivate me is the sheer size of the task. To get a reasonable informed opinion, many aspects need to be considered. I am totally uninformed about the reliance of geological dating methods. Both camps, YEC ,and OEC creationists, both provide reasons for their views. Who believe ?

Is there any problem with its function ? If not, where is the problem ?

The side that actually produces new evidence, instead of empty rhetoric.

1 Like

the side that makes more accurate inferences upon the evidence.

The side that produces the evidence has the far more comprehensive view. They are testing their hypotheses, unlike the rhetoricians.

1 Like

The question is, “Why?” You don’t have an answer.

As for a problem with its function, you seem to have forgotten the pronouncement of your hero Meyer.

you can test things in operational sciences. Historical events cannot be tested. They already happened.

what exactly are you referring to ?

10 posts were split to a new topic: Does the Bible say the Earth was flat?

By the time that a paper is submitted to a scientific journal, something that happened in a lab is just as historical as the Tiktaalik fossils.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Does the Bible teach a flat Earth?