Irreducible complexity is a undeniable fact

thats a good point. No, i have not calculated that. I dont know how many animals were in the ark, and how many different species there are today.

1 Like

@Otangelo_Grasso1

Well, the numbers can be pretty intimidating. Letā€™s say the Ark had 10,000 different pairs of terrestrial creatures:

snails, insects (lots of insects), mammals, lizards, amphibians and so forth.

And the species count for terrestrial creatures is frequently put at above 4 million ā€¦ some say 8 million. The big numbers become cumbersome, so I just write 1+ million.

So ā€¦ how exactly would 10,000 evolve (if you insist that it is evolution that God is using for a short period of creation) into, say, Two Million new species or kinds?

I have basically not made up my mind in regard of the age of the earth, and how these historical events happened.

I have collected arguments of both sides, but to weight the evidence of one side against the evidence of the other is something i do not see myself able to do it accurately to get a informed conclusion.

Evidence that the earth is Young 1

Old earth evidence
http://www.progressivetheology.org/principles/Science-Bible.html

However, it is not correct to assume that a few thousand species would have produced the millions of species extant (alive) today. There are fewer than 30,000 extant species of mammals, birds, reptiles, and possibly land-reproducing amphibians (many salamanders) that were represented on the Ark. The millions of other species are the invertebrates (>95 percent of all animal species), fish, and a few aquatic mammals and reptiles that survived in the water during the Flood. The processes of speciation discussed above need to only double the number of animal species from 15,000 to 30,000. This is certainly a feasible process based on observable science.

@Otangelo_Grasso1

1. Your numbers are off.
  2. Terrestrial species surviving in the water for a year? Not likely. I use the word Terrestrial to Include all the bugs, spiders, worms and everything else that lives on the land (including those species of birds who are not known for being able to fly for a year).
  3. If you want to understand the science of the Earthā€™s age, you need to access experts in geology, physics and chemistry.

I donā€™t see how you can ā€œsquat and squintā€ your way to a convincing conclusion in any other way.

I think Iā€™ll leave you to your own devices. You have some pretty strong opinions for someone who admits he doesnā€™t know.

i have no opinion in regard of the age of the earth. I want to see the arguments of both sides, to from mine.

@Otangelo_Grasso1

There is more than enough information on Youtube for you to do that.

If you are not already convinced about the extreme age of the Earth, then you probably donā€™t have a mental affinity for scientific procedures and protocols already.

Geologists were the first scientists to scratch their heads and say: there is no way this could happen in 5000 yearsā€¦ and this was all before Darwinā€™s book ā€¦

1 Like

or maybe i have not given priority and spend enough time on the subject ?!

there are a lot of geologists out there that do not agree with the old earth interpretationā€¦For instance, the authors of the book : RADIOISOTOPES AND THE AGE OF THE EARTH RESULTS OF A YOUNG-EARTH CREATIONIST RESEARCH INITIATIVE, are all geologistsā€¦

What is your definition of ā€œa lotā€ or of ā€œmanyā€, @Otangelo_Grasso1 ?

In a world of 6 billion peopleā€¦ is a few thousand a lot? Not really. And yet there were only a few thousand ā€œflat earthā€ victorians who insisted that the Earth was flat ā€¦ because they did not have a rocket to send up to take pictures. But as a young man, if I saw 2000 people supporting anything, I would be wildly impressed.

I think your ā€œlotā€ of young earth geologists are mostly in America ā€¦ and are desperately looking for any way to present the Earth as an object of mystery.

Dissidents of Darwinism

@Otangelo_Grasso1

Are you confusing us with some Atheistic group?

This is BioLogosā€¦ we include lots of different folks. I suppose there must be darwinist here and thereā€¦ but I hope you donā€™t think we are all following that line. The mission statement of BioLogos says God is involved in evolution.

I donā€™t believe Darwin had a chapter on that.

Hereā€™s a great article from another threadā€¦ discussing how scientists vary from culture to cultureā€¦

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/2378023116664353

no, i dont. i just linked to the topic to show you that many scientists are YEC.

@Otangelo_Grasso1

Like I saidā€¦ what is ā€œmanyā€?

Go aheadā€¦ tell me that most geologists are YECā€¦

As I said before, it seems you donā€™t have much of an affinity for science methodsā€¦ or you wouldnā€™t be looking to a minority to hold to your position/inclinationā€¦

i agree on that. But not in the extent of biologos. I do not agree that God used evolution to create life, nor the various body plans, and phyla.

I think this is a very important article to read on this topic:

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/2000/PSCF6-00Morton.html

ok. i added the author and made a FB friend request. I want to know what data it is that let him convinced that the earth is old.

2 Likes

And the modern Young Earth movement actually comes from the 7th Day Adventist prophetess Ellen White!

I havenā€™t by any means read all this, but here is a place to start, I think, if youā€™re interested in further information:

Actually, only 3 of the 8 RATE members were geologists.