In hoc signo vinces/With this sign you shall conquer

I was just saying there are lots of accounts of miracles in early church history, not just this one.

It is reasonable to believe Constantine experienced something because it is the explanation for other things we know happened, namely the change of the Roman emperors to favoring Christianity. But it is only too likely that there are exaggerations in the telling of the tale and such one time experiences which most probably didn’t even see only proves anything to those which experience them. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if some meteorological or astronomical event is behind it and instead of any such writing in the sky, Constantine added this from a vision or dream superimposed or experienced at a different time.

1 Like

It could be but we have to believe the source.If we might find another source saying the same thing then i guess it did happened indeed

It’s not in the slightest bit reasonable to assume anything supernatural happened when there’s a perfectly good natural explanation. It’s called politics.

All we have to believe is in politics. All round. Constantine’s and the Church’s.

Continiue trying to make a debate here and ill have to flag your posts.I wont allow your denial to keep going becasue it might actually prevent others here,Plus its tiring.Either present evidence of a second source (which is basically what i ask )or just state that you do not know of any

Youve already stated your opinion before no need to keep going with political stuff of the time as you posted.Keep politics(even the politics of that time)away from my posts.Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.