I did a search for "Most Influential People in History"

Where do you think Christ Jesus ranked? He was at or close to the top in some results. Then I came to a Wikipedia result that used a “Python Script” that I found the results of very surprising, and alarming.

[A group of computer programmers put together a Python script that collects data on hundreds of thousands of Wikipedia entries. It then ranks them by length of entry, number of links to pages, and how long they lived.]

https://www.businessinsider.com/wikipedias-most-influential-people-in-history-2016-2

Is this what we get, a future of Artificial intelligence, with no moral consciousness?

Hi Ted, and welcome to the forum. I agree that this list is pretty inadequate, and should make us question how exactly “influence” is analyzed, and whether it’s something that can be calculated at all. I would think that judging the influence of a living person is more possible with technology since it’s easier to count followers and mentions. But evaluating historical influence is a much more nuanced thing.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.