Humor in Science and Theology

Guide to Presbyterian Worship Signals:

Sitting, looking straight ahead: Listening to pastor (sermon, announcements, etc.)
Sitting, head bent downward, eyes open: Taking notes on sermon or reading passage
Standing in place, holding hymnal: Singing hymn
Head bent downward, eyes closed: Praying or sleeping
Leaning sideways: Dealing with child

7 Likes

(My not too sincere apologies if this has been posted here before. :grin:)

5 Likes

Especially with contemporary Christian music you’ll find on the radio, where it’s just the word Jesus followed by the same 3 chords and the same style of singing no matter the band.

Maybe all of these bands are actually just the same 5 people writing under different names…

1 Like

Accurate for some Baptist churches too. :smiley:

6 Likes

I have heard contemporary Christian music called 7-11 music.

7 verses repeated 11 times.

7-11’s are American convenience stores.

4 Likes

No the one about not asking people if they’re ready to die. That struck me the funniest but I wouldn’t have had a clue about the other without your help. Thanks.

2 Likes

Handel is repetitive in the Hallelujah Chorus, and still uses a prime number (if I counted correctly), but it’s neither 7 nor 11.

3 Likes

We actually had that happen at our previous church with the adult Sunday school class, which makes sense when you realize that what we frequently did there was to watch a video study series from Ligonier.

2 Likes

Warning … Calculus joke ahead…

Looks like God is integrating the eastern half of the U.S. today.

It appears to be an indefinite integral.

[This is a real weather map from 5 minutes ago … Those of us inside that ‘integral sign’ are getting rained on for a while!]

2 Likes

We live below the NEBR coefficient :wink: and got only .60 overnight, thankfully. Some fireworks, though, but not too serious, and I thought maybe some small hail, but I think it was actually just wet leaves coming down in the wind and their staccato hitting the house.

2 Likes

Finally one or these that’s near and dear to my heart:

9 Likes

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1635476300800

5 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

Had to stare at that one for a bit before I realized what was going on. I “can’t believe” how long it took me to get it!

4 Likes

I’m just not sure whether to believe that.

6 Likes

So you spend a lot of time at the “Agnostic Cafe” do you?

4 Likes

Source

8 Likes

9 Likes