Humor in Science and Theology

8 Likes

5 Likes

So is any material that is dense and thick enough to block things: for alpha particles a sheet of paper, your skin, or pretty much anything solid or liquid over 100 microns thick is enough. The deep pool is designed to block all the beta particles, which could also be accomplished by a brick wall, or a few feet of dirt; and the gamma rays, which require a few meters of something (dirt, water, low-density metals, etc.) down to a few inches for small emitters and heavy shielding material like lead, tungsten, or gold. Water has the particular advantage of being a very efficient heat sink.

2 Likes

Regardless, you should drink a liter or two every day.

1 Like

A Facebook friend saw this on Twitter:

Doctor: Why the long face?

Me: I took those horse meds!

1 Like

Is it fascism? Is it communism? It is somehow both? Jordan Klepper of the Daily Show hits the streets of New York City to see why some people are up in arms about the new vaccine mandate.

Watch the video

Favorite quote: “One thing with me, I try not to argue facts.”

I don’t know if this is more humor or horror, but I don’t think it’s supposed be either… courtesy of Sunday School

2 Likes

7 Likes

Saw something along these lines today.

A woman walked into an office for a job interview and the man there said before they get into salaries and so on he wants to mention a bit about the job.

“ our clients are very important to us. They are our world. It’s up to you to keep them happy. If they are hungry you need to feed them. They often are busy enjoying life and so you need to be ready to help clean up after them. If they are sick, regardless of what it is you’re expected to be there and keep checking in on them. They often forget things at other places and if they do you’ll need to go get it as soon as possible. It’s a very attention to detail job. You will have to wake them up on time so they can begin their day and even if you are watching a movie, or at your house in your shower if they need you then you have to stop help them and then go back to whatever you was trying to do.

The woman was stressed but about the workload but asked about the hours.

The guy stated that it’s pretty much a 24/7 on call job. That you can sometimes fit in some breaks but overall it’s very busy. There is no vacation time either. For a fact around the holidays you’ll find your workload doubling.

The women said that it all seemed like it’s a bit to much. That it’s just not fair. It’s asking for so much. That it must surely pay good. So what’s the salary?

The man said well we were hoping that you would do it out of gratitude. That the client would simply be important enough that you did it without expecting anything in return. That it’s not a job that pays money. It has no health insurance or anything. But that billions of people do it.

The woman was perplexed and said no way someone would just do all of that for nothing.

The man said well many people around the world do feel that it does have a lot value to be a parent.

6 Likes

Just imagine how much better the Bible would have been if the holy spirit used James Wong , Crystal Liu , Brad Falchuk and Ryan Murphy to write some of the Bible…….

7 Likes

6 Likes

Good one.  

1 Like

Rote copying I & II Corinthians would take care of most of the modern west.

1 Like

Have you heard of the reverse rapture?
It’s when you are left behind but your clothes go to Heaven.
Says Zack Hunt: “I was basically scared to death by rapture theology so now I make fun of it.”

2 Likes

Some of us have more behind to have left. XD

4 Likes

Sometimes pragmatism seems like the best option.

11 Likes

How many other gullists are there here? Can I get an amen?!

2 Likes

How Johnathan Livingston Seagull should have ended.

1 Like

Haha I agree!

1 Like