Humor in Science and Theology

Too true.  

7 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

You have a much richer and abundant vein of humor in your life. These are all excellent. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Mark!

2 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

3 Likes

Sphaeriid clams can have something like 3,000 chromasomes (10-15 with 200-300x polyploidy). Ferns can have 10,000 (few-thousand x polyploidy)

3 Likes

11 Likes

There are a few of those that might have an underlying factor that somewhat affects both of them, like arcade revenue and computer science doctorates, or ones that tend to increase with population, or follow the overall economy.

1 Like

I think you’re referring to this post
How not to wrote a scientific paper (or how to start a conspiracy theory):

tylervigen.com

15 Insane Things That Correlate With Each Other

Why do these things correlate? These 15 correlations will blow your mind. (Is this headline sensationalist enough for you to click on it yet?)

3 Likes

We never did pseudo-Santa gifts, as I have always received them in multiple sets when we visit different people.

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

Saw someone posting this earlier on fb.

It’s funny that someone is so stupid that they think this is a real logical breakdown of why not to wear masks. I do like that in my county though , and I know others are doing it as well, unvaccinated covid patients lose their bed as soon as vaccinated covid patients show up and they are only letting in visitors that have masks and are vaccinated. Or rather they have two lines and only permit so many visitors in at once. If no one is in the vaccinated line then someone not vaccinated can enter. But I guess there is constantly vaccinated visitors and some guy went off about being in line for 6 hours with only one person in front of him the whole time while in the vaccinated line the average wait was like 30 minutes. Some were also mad though because they had no ID, or had no paper verifying their vaccinations despite saying they had them and was not let in either.

2 Likes

nervous laughter

xkcd

6 Likes

Many of the new books we acquire are not really ones that you read through. As an example, here is a passage from Mollusques Marin et Dulçaquicoles des Antilles Françaises:

Tornidae

Coquilles de petite taille, comprimées à discoïdes, porcelanées, blanches à translucides et à large ombilic; opercule corné; animaux détritivores; famille à large répartition.

Vingt-sept espèces sont connues dans l’aire d’etude

Anticlimax crassilabris (Aguayo & Borro, 1946)
Synonyme: Solariorbis decipiemns Olsson & McGinty, 1958.
Taille: 1,2 mm. Profondeur: entre 12 et 50 m
Abondance: rare
Aire de répartition: Panama, Cuba, Dominique, Martinique.

You can probably tell what sort of book this is.