Humor in Science and Theology

5 Likes

https://25r4fj22vjh18a4i91qamh06-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/brain-trust_happy-employees-scaled.jpg
From How to Keep Your Employees Happy Post-Pandemic [comic] | Doist Blog

3 Likes

A conspiracy theorist/flat Earther spends his entire life trying to convince everyone that the earth is flat.

Eventually he dies…

When he gets to heaven the Pearly Gates open and Saint Peter says "

Congratulations! You are our lucky 100th person of the day, which means that you get to ask God one question."

So the flerfer goes up to God’s throne and asks. “God, is the earth flat or what?”

God shakes his head and says “No, my son, it’s not flat – it’s spherical.”

The conspiracy theorist whistles and says to himself, “****, this cover-up goes way deeper than I thought!”

5 Likes

Sometimes conspiracy-theorism and Solipsism are hard tell apart.

2 Likes

Words fail…

A Jewish joke from Poland:

Back in the day when control of parts of Poland would pass back and forth from Poland to the Soviet Union and back again, a man asked his neighbor what country their town was currently in.

“Poland” the neighbor replied.

“That’s good to hear,” said the first man. “I don’t think I can take another Russian winter!”

3 Likes

Where I live we tell that joke about a fictional moving of the Maine/New Hampshire border. :smiley:

2 Likes

That reminds me of my favorite Jewish mother insult (the only one I can remember right now, anyway). It needs to be inflected with your best Brooklyn Yiddish accent:

You should be famous – they should name a disease after you!

3 Likes

Daleitis? (and a few more characters to pass 11)

2 Likes

Dale it is. (Count the period.) I guess that’s what my parents said, very early on (I don’t know why). :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

14 Likes

It is very hard to disagree with what is written, or to agree or even understand.

3 Likes

4 Likes

They will have to call the pharmacists in to read doctor’s handwriting if they ever go on strike

4 Likes

I wonder if these handwriting jokes will disappear as doctors never write anymore. I could see my handwriting get worse with the years, when notes were made in longhand, but now it is all typed, clicked or pasted. Some use voice recognition software, and the usual jokes on physician pages are about funny transcriptions.

2 Likes

Teachers assumptions may have to change too. Growing up my parents were constantly assured by my elementary school teachers that with my handwriting I would surely become a doctor.

4 Likes

I sometimes wondered if our office first switched to electronic medical records because of frustration at reading my messy writing. You’re right, though–I have seen some real doozies with re reading voice recognition.

5 Likes

That is a reasonable modern paraphrase.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Matthew 7:13

2 Likes

Funny but true.

8 Likes