Humor in Science and Theology

MoCKEr?  

2 Likes

I think it’s better to be N I Ce

… or Ni Ce (proving there’s more than one way to be nice.)

6 Likes

My younger son has been there, not I. :slightly_smiling_face: (NiCe, Fr, that is.)

1 Like

Personally I’d have to confess the frequency of my use of sarcasm in RL is better described as “repeat offender” than “periodic”, but I prefer to use if for comedic effect.

3 Likes

Ooh! Periodic puns! Neat and nerdy.

2 Likes

Just occasionally. :grin:

1 Like

Fe Yb? Maybe

1 Like

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t belong under ‘humor’ – not all irony is funny. But I don’t know where else you would put it unless we had a conversation dedicated to antimaskers.

Oh it is funny alright. Sad that anyone doesn’t get the need to emphasize that it is the black lives mattering that lots of people need to be reminded of and sad that so many people don’t care or don’t know that masks can help protect the people around them. Still funny as all get out.

3 Likes

7 Likes

What about vaccination chips?

Just saw this one and realized it needed sharing here.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Reading CK Chesterton’s reflection on his younger brother I realized it belonged here.

It is reported of me that when I was told that I possessed a brother, my first thought went to my own interminable taste for reciting verses, and that I said, “That’s all right; now I shall always have an audience.” If I did say this, I was in error. My brother was by no means disposed to be merely an audience; and frequently forced the function of an audience upon me. More frequently still, perhaps, it was a case of there being simultaneously two orators and no audience.

3 Likes

That is funny. :grin:

1 Like

When my mother’s mother and sisters would sit around our kitchen table growing up there were many more than two orators and only my poor mother had any talent for listening. But I can’t complain. I mostly was the beneficiary of that talent. The fact that she would listen so closely to what I thought probably convinced me that I should find out too.

3 Likes

Life on Venus? Some possible reactions!

4 Likes

8 Likes

This.I.Love. Tried to visit a page at the American Museum of Natural History web site. What a clever 404 error!

You’ve Discovered a New Species!

Pagus notfoundii

Please try the navigation or search above, or start from the homepage.

4 Likes