Humor in Science and Theology

3 Likes

I can’t find a YouTube video of this, it opens in Facebook, but it’s kind of fun:

1 Like

6 Likes

I can’t pass up a timely Princess Bride meme:

6 Likes

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/92550853_10101718682788379_3073987297239105536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=a47ryj2rheMAX8bXvZl&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=cfde69076976758ff2cb688b6e8fc671&oe=5EB20946

6 Likes

I know we really need TP right now, but this label just worries me a bit

4 Likes

Ha! Along the same lines: One of my Facebook friends posted something like “We rinse, wash and reuse cloth diapers, and we can do the same for toilet paper!”
I replied that I tried it with toilet paper, and it really makes a mess.

5 Likes

Ha! I do have a basket of cloth wipes that we can turn to if we get really desperate around here. But I do remember from my “down the natural parenting rabbit hole” days that there is such a thing as “family cloth.” I don’t think I’d want to do that on a regular basis…

Ha, from me as well. :grin: If only it had said “100% recycled paper bath tissue”.

1 Like

TP is a recent invention. We could always go back to what was used before.

1 Like

…typically was not flushable. Corn cobs, for instance. Indoor plumbing is a recent invention.

What about the Sear’s catalog? It would flush but probably plug up the plumbing. Just like the “flushable” wipes people use.

1 Like

Rumor has it that the historical turn propelling toilet paper to its present level of use was when the Sears Catalog went glossy!

3 Likes

The History Guy has a good video on A Brief History of Toilet Paper.

1 Like

:grin:    

I hear you can use something like a water pick in lieu of paper. Pretty sure I’d want a separate designated water pick for that job.

2 Likes

Yes, that is what I would feel too!

1 Like

You can purchase a hand held bidet at Home Depot or Lowes that would work better than a water-pic. Cheap enough to purchase one for each family member!

1 Like

I think perhaps there is a paper to be written concerning, “The Evolutioary Development of Post-defecatory Hygiene: A Unique Behavior of Bipedal Primates”

3 Likes

So by researching that, would one earn a PDH instead of a PhD?