Humor in Science and Theology

Oh no. I forgot to pay :flushed: slowy gets pulled back into the void of non-existance

2 Likes

A mathematician walks into a bar and orders exactly 1 beer. A second mathematician enters and asks for exactly half a beer. Then another comes in and orders 1/4 a beer. The flustered bar tender finally just plunks 2 full beers on the counter and declares: “You all should know your limits.”

4 Likes

3 Likes

Ash Wednesday humor.

4 Likes

Got my ashes today.

4 Likes

…or the aerosol spray nozzle need to be cleaned.

2 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Did you ever notice how easy the Good Samaritan had it? The only person he had to be gracious to was unconscious. XD (Unless the innkeeper was rude.)

3 Likes

My sense of humor is always noticing obtuse but amusing responses that might be made to threads on these forums (well, really any forum). I was tempted to initiate a new humor thread but maybe it could just be folded into this one?

For example: Flaws in Radiometric Dating

Response: Whether in real life, on line or radiometric, no method of dating is fool proof. When you set out to get to know someone new, you just have to take your chances.

7 Likes

When Mary once dated a dino
She cried when he turned tail and ran.
He gave her a tissue
And she spotted the issue:
He’s chicken instead of a man.

4 Likes

This just popped up from my Fb feed from four years ago. I wonder if anyone else ever follows the blog “Wait But Why”. This one describes his struggle to come up with a talk for TED. Without reading the whole article or even watching the “Update Here is the talk” video of his talk, the cartoons are pretty fun and entirely adequate on their own. If anyone else has ever had a big deadline and suffered through some procrastination, I think you’ll find it relatable and funny. (Everyone else can laugh at us.)

Doing a TED Talk: The Full Story — Wait But Why

Enjoyed. Gave insight into TED talks. It is interesting in that I have noticed lately several non TED talks that have used the same format and speaking mannerisms that characterize their talks.

1 Like

The blond, blue-eyed white Jesus is AKA “Malibu Jesus”

7 Likes

That is funny. Although most depictions look Italian, in my experience. Still isn’t it rather odd to look at a picture, and know it is depicting Jesus, even though you know it is nowhere near his historically correct appearance? We are so conditioned!

3 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

Posted by a Berkeley physics professor.

6 Likes

This makes me wish I could also scrub my eye balls. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I just wonder if they have a machine language link capable of preserving the heavy accent of a professor new to English. It definitely would not be true to my experience at Cal otherwise.

2 Likes