Humor in Science and Theology

Liberal Arts all the way, Randy!
That is to say: Study everything.
That is to say: It’s good to have a well-rounded education in which one learns to love learning and from which one can specialize.

We can’t specialize in everything. But we can learn how to learn, even outside our specialties, because in that process we learn to think in many ways.

I have forgotten so much of what I spent so much time learning in college and even high school (and elementary school spelling). But having gone through my science, computer science and math classes taught me some of the thinking processes I wouldn’t have learned in my focus on language, literature, pedagogy and librarianship. They also taught me to smell a rat, recognize when I don’t understand something, seek out help, weigh differing answers.

Liberal Arts are a great way to prepare for the University of Life.

2 Likes

Why do I need math in school?

6 Likes

4fun2540

5 Likes

8 Likes

Given some recent comments:

5 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Funny skit, Maybe a little science with the measurements, and a nod to the shameful complicated history of race in America.

4 Likes

That reminded me of a skit by some students for a university event where the punch line involved a sorority gal talking about geology, declaring that her three favorite eras were the “Cretaceous, the Outrageous, and the Pretentious”.

Still kicking the most important questions down tor same road.

1 Like

Why are men considered smarter when Eve ate from the tree of knowledge first? :wink:

3 Likes

Or fellow forum posters.
IMG_0376

9 Likes

7 Likes

A bit of alternate history.
:rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

True story, my partner told me he saw the hospital nutritionist across the street when he was driving through McDonald’s with his kids. He said he ducked his head so she couldn’t see him. They were friends, so I think she laughed about it afterward

4 Likes

5 Likes

Reminds me of a joke:

Jews don’t recognize Jesus as God’s son, Protestants don’t recognize the authority of the Pope, and Baptists don’t recognize each other at the liquor store.

7 Likes