Humor in Science and Theology

3 Likes

3 Likes

My tired eyes saw the thread “Divine Causality” and read it as “Divine Casualty”. My tired mind expanded it to “Divine Casualty, Fire, and Theft”.

God the insurance agent . . . .

3 Likes

My wife is ordering stuff for VBS, and this came up on my Facebook feed, no doubt because of the order history on Amazon and Oriental Trading. It struck me as humorous, especially the warning about them being a choking hazard for kids under 3, and the little blurb under Product Details.

By the way, the One Question when I looked it up was this:

‘What size is the largest one in the bag? I want to fit them into Easter eggs for an egg hunt: will they fit?’ (The answer was no, they will not fit in a standard size egg)

5 Likes

Now I’m really curious what the theme of this year’s VBS is going to be… maybe the body of Christ? :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Perhaps it is the seriousness of our times, that this thread has languished and had to be revived. Let us look for the silver lining of this dark cloud!

5 Likes

That’s horrible! Glad it’s back on the air. Here’s an xkcd comic to keep things going (apologies if it’s already been posted)

xkcd

8 Likes

Now I found Cair Paravel!

2 Likes

Ok,not technically science, but communication is essential to learning, right?
signal-2024-05-26-11-21-41-012

6 Likes

Better than I could do by far!

1 Like

4 Likes

Pretty sure this one’s somewhere in this thread already … but maybe worth another rerun …

4 Likes

Here’s a couple fresh ones though …

3 Likes

3 Likes

I especially thought the Satan side was amusing .

I thought the right side would say, “How it actually works”, at least with respect to wife and husband. :wink:

When the truth is right in your face. I don’t mind corpse limbs, but a corpse head, gross. I wonder if it would still be as popular if every dinner table had its guest of horror, I mean honor head there before them all. If it makes you feel a bit weird, maybe you should reflect a bit xd .

I showed this to someone before and they were like, “ we are eating” and I’m like if the picture bothers you why are you chomping away on slowly decaying ground up pieces of a corpse between two slices of bread?

1 Like

To speed up the decay! But that shouldn’t have gone into the hot wings meal. It belongs in chicken noodle soup.

3 Likes