Humor in Science and Theology

First, he buckled their serpentine belts.

Actually, the glacier drove the snakes out of Ireland, and the flooding of the Irish Sea kept them from returning.

5 Likes

True, and Saint Pat didn’t have a driver’s license, so how could he drive out the snakes?

4 Likes

7 Likes

Ooohh. this one is a great one for my kids! Thanks

1 Like

Did you hear about the Southern Baptist preacher who bought a used car? He didn’t have the vocabulary to run it!

3 Likes

7 Likes

Now that you’ve jogged my memory, Randy, I can say:
YouTube
Reddit
Twitter
Parler (while it was)
Whatever SM thing 45 owns
Foxx Snooze
For starters

1 Like

6 Likes

5 Likes

The barrier between heaven and hell was in disrepair, and so God and the devil were arguing about who should fix it.
God shouted, “You fix it, or else!”
The devil replied, “Or else?”
God said “Or else I’ll sue!”
The devil replied, “Now where are you going to find a lawyer?”

4 Likes

The junior devil assigned to the task tried to cut expenses on whitewashing the wall by watering it down. But the result proved not to cover a multitude of sins, and so he was admonished, “Repaint, you thinner!”

5 Likes

That’s a very impressive journey through a great comic strip!
This is worth reading a second time:

The experience of God, like the experience of Hobbes, is a lived experience. It is an Inside view. Consequently, it is difficult to communicate to those on the Outside. All such communication appears like talk about stuffed tigers and imaginary friends. And to be honest, I don’t think there is much that can be done about this disjoint. It is what it is. And will always be this way. But just because the life of faith is an Inside experience doesn’t mean it is a form of magical thinking. I think Watterson puts it well. The conversation isn’t about “magical thinking” or “imaginary friends.” Although the conversation may appear that way to non-believers, the conversation is actually about reality.

In the gospel according to John, Jesus said this: “My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.” In short, the “truth” of Jesus (Is his teaching from God?) cannot be ascertained from the Outside. The verification of Jesus’s claims must be discovered from the Inside, by participating in the journey. Because from the Outside it’s all just stuffed tigers. But on the Inside, well, it’s Hobbes.

1 Like

I just got reminded today that a church across town does family mission trips. Each family that goes is allowed to bring one of their kids’ friends, which makes it only a bit tipped towards youth. I wonder how much different the dynamics are.

1 Like

Chinese Spy Balloon To Sell Ad Space When It Flies Over Super Bowl

1 Like

He missed an opportunity: he should have asked for donations to actually get those first two statues made.

Oddly, the colors reminded me of this:

Which someone posted on another discussion board, and the very first response was “That’s idolatry!”

Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

2 Likes

I want to know what’s in the three intersections that are blank!

4 Likes

That’s where the mindless are?

@vulcanlogician may still be working those more subtle intersections out. I hope someday he will reveal his insights.

1 Like