Humor in Science and Theology

I tend to use bible verse locations as passwords, trying to link the password with the verse in some way. The only problem is some sites do not let you use a colon as a special character, so I replace it with some other character. And, I have better passwords for financial sites. Of course, I imagine lots of church network passwords are John3:16.

3 Likes

I hope this makes it into the newer editions of the Ed Psych text books. This is OUTSTANDING.

1 Like

7 Likes

More dinosaur comics.

13 Likes

High-Energy Theology seems more likely to be found in online comment sections than on Google Scholar.

xkcd: Scientific Field Prefixes
[Mouseover text: Massage: Theoretical (10), Quantum (6), High-Energy (2), Computational (1), Marine (1), Astro- (None)]

5 Likes

It is telling that there appears to be little to no interest in astromassage these days.

2 Likes

After some of my Saturday night insomnia sessions, I could use some high-energy theology Sunday morning.
However, I particularly like the existence of the “dentistry” column.

1 Like

6 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

Don’t I wish!

2 Likes

He checks all the bonkers boxes:

rapture enthusiast
anti-vax
homophobic
Islamophobic
anti-Semitic

5 Likes

This is why you can’t have nice things.

4 Likes

8 Likes

The lower one on the left looks likes it’s laughing, speaking of pareidolia. (You could make a pair of idols from them?)

1 Like

I’m not sure how to mesh this with the claim from other sources that the diet in Daniel 1 is the miracle diet to end all miracle diets.

At least he doesn’t seem to be getting a lot of traction with people I encounter.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand conspiracy theories along the lines of “[group] is trying to take over by doing [something that would tend to harm that effort].”

3 Likes

People used to blame the Jews for the plague, even though it sickened them as much as anybody else.

2 Likes

Another Ark cartoon . . . always fair game. Hot-dogs anyone?

4 Likes

7 Likes