Humor in Science and Theology

it seems that in “Diagnosis: Murder” and “Father of the Bride,” among others, a doc can do everything–draw blood, intubate, deliver babies, and give shots. Trust me, you don’t want me to draw your blood, and I still feel bad about hitting a nerve for my wife when I gave her a nausea med shot when she was pregnant with our firstborn (she’s a nurse, and knows exactly where to give the right ones to avoid that).
Nurses, both female and male, don’t get the respect they deserve; nor do MAs (medical assistants) or nurse assistants, or nurse practitioners, or physician assistants…

7 Likes

And you can run off and fight bad guys seconds after a cardiac arrest and defibrillation.

5 Likes

These remind me of one of the few things I have left from any class in high school. It’s a handout from my beloved, brilliant, sarcastic AP English teacher: Kondensed Kliffs Notes, “For students who don’t have time to read the original.”
A sample:
Moby Dick: A while bites off a man’s leg and the man can’t forget about it.
The Metamorphosis: A man turns into a cockroach and his family gets annoyed.
Crime and Punishment: A man kills a woman and feels bad.
The Old Testament: God creates man and everything man does gets God angry.
Outline of History: A lot of different things happen.
Dracula: A dead man drinks other people’s blood until someone puts a stake in his heart.

Best wishes for success in writing your “90 Minutes in Several Weeks.”
If Cliff’s Notes are foreign to anyone, they are the BANE of lit teachers everywhere in the U.S. Long before the Internet provided instant plagiarism opportunities, students had other methods of skipping the work and fudging. Cliff’s Notes have long been an important component in avoiding learning.

4 Likes

Movie stars, even non-superheroes, don’t seem to need much in the way of medical care anyway. They can fall out of windows, fall off cliffs onto rocks, dangle off helicopters, and take hundreds of blows to the head. And then walk away, with few if any injuries.

2 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

Prepare for post prehistoric times. What’s next, post end times.

2 Likes

Well, and after that, there’s Post Modern.
And now we’re getting into Mail Art jokes that encorporate “post”— Post Punk, Sign Post, Post Apocalyptic, etc. etc.

A couppala the first mail art stamps I carved (guess when)

2 Likes

But if they go for “post contemporary” it could rupture our entire (not so)civilization.

1 Like

Wow you made these? Very cool. What’s a coupalla?

Thanks. Very early efforts and addictively fun. These were all carved from erasers. I wish I had more time for everything. I love doing all kinds of handwork.
coupalla=couple of

1 Like

:grin:

You got me!

:exploding_head:

6 Likes

That’s funny. I showed my wife the pope meme yesterday, and while watching an episode of Jeopardy last night a photo of a frilled lizard was part of the clue. She made the same correlation. XD

3 Likes

and then there’s this one-- (despite being a Protestant, I greatly admire the Pope, by the way)

7 Likes

Turns out I can spray tea out my nose almost as far when encountering humor online.

5 Likes

And I bet you were not even drinking tea!

1 Like

Total tea totaler here. Except back when it was possible have breakfast out. Then coffee.

4 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes